Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is 220D Driving Very Slow

Sounds like dpf blocked all lights come on goes into limp mode disconnecting Battery will only do it for short periods of time what u should do is this get wynes dpf cleaner out it in tank and take it for a drive in 4 th gear if it's totally blocked won't clean it but if it's not that bad it it clear it ifs it's totally blocked then u have to get it unblocked there is a place in Birmingham car surgeon cost u 400 depending how u r good luck

Same thing happened to me, probably dpf as has been suggested. A garage local to me cleaned it using done special chemicals. They said it was the most blocked dpf they had ever seen and the car had 110,000 on the clock.

Anyway, £150 later and all was well and in fact car run better than ever.

There are more garages starting to clean dpf now is it's becoming common on most cars.

Gets blocked due to local driving once a week got to take it in motorway to regenerate it or when it really gets blocked then force generate it using chemical had my dpf cleaned as it went in limp mode on m25

Anyway, as of right now, car seems to be running fine. I disconnected the battery for a few hours, and also added some cleaning product into the tank.[/quote

Bought you a few days maybe. Cleaning product in tank ain't going to do anything. It needs a forced regen

This is why you don't buy diesel cars when driving less than 15k miles a year. Dpf gets clogged

If that's the case why don't the manufacturers tell us this this when buying a car? You know, kind of an important point, the notion that sooner or later, your car won't move if you're just an intercity driver.

Glad u got it sorted for bottle of dpf cleaner seems dpf wasn't blocked that bad need to use dpf cleaner every 2000-3000 miles, my 6k service is due now so gonna it done also bought wynes dpf cleaner which is quite good gonna put in tank as going on a long run to Oxford on Saturday that will keep dpf clean for 2000 miles. It's a common issue on any new diesel cars

This is why you don't buy diesel cars when driving less than 15k miles a year. Dpf gets clogged

"If that's the case why don't the manufacturers tell us this this when buying a car? You know, kind of an important point, the notion that sooner or later, your car won't move if you're just an intercity driver."

:rolleyes: Everything gets clogged if you don't give a diesel a good run to blow the crap out of the Gas Recirculation system, its common knowledge. Its a dirty fuel to start with even before the exhaust is recirculated into the combustion process.

You need to know how to clean EGR's, MAF's, MAP's, DPF's, or pay someone to do it if you run a diesel about town.

As for the manufacturers telling you these things,

:hehe:

hahaha I like that one.

Bought you a few days maybe. Cleaning product in tank ain't going to do anything. It needs a forced regen

What's a forced regen?

It's a forced regeneration cycle to burn the soot off. They stick a special additive in the tank and it blows all the crap out of the exhaust. Shouldn't cost anymore than £100

Manufacturers don't tell you because they expect people to know. It's written in the handbook and of course it'll damage sales if they do. Also damages profits as typically diesel cars are more expensive to buy.

If the DPF is clogged with soot it's good, just needs a clean, if it's clogged with ash you'll need a new one.

You can actually take the thing out in all honesty

I hate diesels now, Mercedes lured us into one years ago and it had dpf problems after 3 years which was a pain. We hadn't been told

I got rid of our two diesels when I retired, we weren't doing the mileage. Best move I made, no more cleaning gunk out of the frigging EGR system every six months.

For the OP.....your car will be programmed to "regenerate" the DPF every so often by an algorithm in your ECU. Depending on your driving. If you do local driving the cycle will probably not have had time to complete, but will still reset the counter. So you are never getting a regeneration of the system which just gets more clogged.

You may need to get the system cleaned the best you can and then take it for a good blast on the motorway once a week, you never know you may witness the regeneration process as you drive.

If you've disconnected the Battery and yhe car has got out of limp mode then id strongly suggest going on the motorway for half an hour each way to unclog it. It's the first thing i'd do.

Come to think of it, it could be a faulty dpf sensor as the merc had issues with that too which would send check engine light on

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links