Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Difference?

Stompe

At the moment I own a 2013 Premier which I am quite pleased with but I am interested to know if anyone has had this model and exchanged for a new one? If so, I would be interested to learn what upgrades if any have been achieved - is the ride different, etc?

Thanking you in anticipation.

:driving:

There were over 90 changes to the facelift CT - a stiffer body by using more weld points and adhesives, revised suspension, revised steering, remapping of the engine/transmission to reduce noise under moderate acceleration, improved mpg, reduced CO2, styling and aerodynamic changes, improved interior trim details, improved infotainment system, new steering wheel etc.

I've not spend much time with either revision so not sure how much of a change you will notice day to day, most of the revisions are quite minor but all combined add up to a notable difference.

I have had a couple as courtesy cars when mine has been in for a service, couldn't really notice much difference apart from the steering wheel controls which felt a bit cheap and tacky and I missed my sat nav flipping up into place. If I was looking to change again, I would opt for a used IS300h compared to a new CT - difference is remarkable.

• Like 2

I have had a couple as courtesy cars when mine has been in for a service, couldn't really notice much difference apart from the steering wheel controls which felt a bit cheap and tacky and I missed my sat nav flipping up into place. If I was looking to change again, I would opt for a used IS300h compared to a new CT - difference is remarkable.

Interesting comment... I have also looked at a second hand IS300H it makes a lot of sense.

• 2 months later...

Just changing my 2011 Premier for a 2014 Premier... so have noted the sat nav fixed position and also the mirrors stay out when exiting the car, whereas they folded in previously.... can be folded by switch,  but, think the face lift is a bit retrograde from what I have seen so far.... will know more when I pick it up tomorrow.

Hope I'm not disappointed!

Don't think you will be - mirrors auto fold upon remote locking.  Aerial neater - and you should have a spare wheel not gunk.  Should be quieter and the power take up has been made more linear - you will find a detailed list  of differences on line - I've had a facelift premier since March 15 - just wish there was a usb inside the console 

2 hours ago, chippy 52 said:

Just changing my 2011 Premier for a 2014 Premier... so have noted the sat nav fixed position and also the mirrors stay out when exiting the car, whereas they folded in previously.... can be folded by switch,  but, think the face lift is a bit retrograde from what I have seen so far.... will know more when I pick it up tomorrow.

Hope I'm not disappointed!

You'll have to check the settings, they should be auto folding on the premier upon locking the car.

I think they made the sat nav screen housing thinner as well, looks sleeker IMO.

Just since it was touched on again there - I'm lucky enough to have both a 2016 CT200h and a 2013 IS300h in the household.

I genuinely like them both. I would not assume one is "better" than the other - it depends what you are looking for.

The one thing I would say is that, of course, the IS is by far the superior driver's car, as it is RWD.

Picked the 2014 Premier  up today.... yep the mirrors DO fold in,  lovely car to drive, whereas I had a set of 16" wheels on my 2011 model, for comfort, this appears to have been improved in the facelift...

also as mentioned by KDS a space saver spare..... good news!

Only "problem" is the sat nav/ radio information book wasn't with the car, I know only a small point, but as the display has also been updated, the book would help.... contacting Lexus tomorrow. As the "knobs and dials" are facelifted too, will take a bit of getting used too, but at the moment well impressed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links