Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Refuelling question.

thar

Is there a minimum amount of fuel you have to fill the tank with to get the digital fuel gauge to register? I'm asking as I put a tenners worth in twice (Nectar points incentive) and although the fuel gauge is registering half a tank, the digital fuel gauge is showing only 3 miles of fuel remain. I experienced similar previously with a Picasso but I can't find anything in the CT handbook about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

By " digital fuel gauge " do you mean the range on the trip computer?

I've never noticed it do anything like that but I've always filled mine up as the tanks so small.  Have to go every 3 or 4 days as it is!

22 minutes ago, thar said:

Yes, I mean the range on the trip. Seriously, you have to go every 3 or 4 days? It's more like every 3 or 4 weeks for me.

That probably depends on how much someone drives lol.

I fill my RX in every 3 days. My wife fills her IS in once a month!!! Of course I drive 10k miles per annum whereas my wife is near 3k or so

how big is the RX tank and what sort of mpg do you get rayaan,a full tank in the IS will last me in the region of 3 weeeks - 3.5 weeks

for me thats perfect as filling up is one of those things i hate doing.

On 2/7/2016 at 8:30 AM, 200h said:

how big is the RX tank and what sort of mpg do you get rayaan,a full tank in the IS will last me in the region of 3 weeeks - 3.5 weeks

for me thats perfect as filling up is one of those things i hate doing.

65L tank in the RX. Short trips such as home to work, work to home so 2 miles each way apart from on Wednesdays yields 26-27mpg. Wednesdays, have a longer trip to work about 10 miles each way so get about 27-28mpg. On the weekends I go on the motorway about 90 mile round trip at 32mpg.

Last time I went to Birmingham in my RX I got 35mpg! was pretty impressed lol. I leave the car in Sport mode on the motorways by the way.

On 2016. 02. 06. at 5:29 PM, thar said:

Is there a minimum amount of fuel you have to fill the tank with to get the digital fuel gauge to register? I'm asking as I put a tenners worth in twice (Nectar points incentive) and although the fuel gauge is registering half a tank, the digital fuel gauge is showing only 3 miles of fuel remain. I experienced similar previously with a Picasso but I can't find anything in the CT handbook about it.

My IS250 does the same, Once i filled up for points worth 5 quid, the fuel gauge went up a little bit but the remaining distance counter did not register it at all. Then after a while i had points 10 quid worth that was no problem.

Well my distance counter is now showing 0 miles, I wondered if it would go into negative but it didn't. I'll fill the tank next time I need fuel, but that's not likely to be for some time [emoji4]

2 hours ago, thar said:

Well my distance counter is now showing 0 miles, I wondered if it would go into negative but it didn't. I'll fill the tank next time I need fuel, but that's not likely to be for some time emoji4.png

Id assume the digital fuel gauge isnt very sensitive when filling up very little fuel. Is there a reason you dont just fill the tank to the brim and leave it be?

I usually do, well i have done two or three times i think since i got the car, hardly need to go now! It was a nectar points incentive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links