Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I would not let kwik fit any where near my vehicle, have you got issues with tyre wear. All this new hunter 4 wheel system is a load of rubbish. 

Only front tracking can be adjusted, and i would be very weary of some body not knowing what they are doing.

I havent had tracking done for years. New wheels and tyres on present car included. Just count the turns on the track rod ends.

Off the top of my head, jack, your alignmemt figures look reasonably OK. Unfortunately, Lexus specify toe as a measurement in mm (taken at the middle of the wheel at the edge of the tyre, if you see what I mean - how the hell you're supposed to measure it I don't know). The spec is 1mm +/- 2mm difference between the front and back of the wheels. I really can't be bothered trying to convert that to degrees and minutes, but your figures show slight toe in which is OK. The other figures are within spec.

You can adjust front toe and rear toe and camber. One tyre place I went to (National Tyres) said I should get my rear alignment checked as they reckoned the tyres were worn slightly more on the outsides than the insides, but said they weren't prepared to adjust it as It's so complex rear suspension. The workshop manual tells you how to do it - I won't go into details but there's an adjustment plate with cams. (I didn't do anything about it - the tyres were completely worn out and the uneven wear was very slight and I put it down to enthusiastic driving rather than any problem.)

What you are aiming for is for the wheels to be perfectly parallel when the car is in motion. I have one (actually I've got two) of those alignment gauges which you drive over and it shows if the toe needs adjusting. I have done it with some of my other cars but not yet with the Lexus - must give it a go.

Front: 0º11' = approx 1mm toe in. So you are well within range (spec is 1mm +- 2mm = approx 0º11' toe out to 0º22' toe in)

Rear spec is 3mm +- 2mm = approx 0º11' to 0º55' so within spec (at the lower end of acceptable toe in).

If my calculations are correct +-  !

• Like 1

I think my car needs tracking,front right tyre is worn from outside, still legal though came up as advisory on mot. It's got Dunlop on front one is sport max, other 1 is sp sport, plus rating is different too, gonna get same one found mobile Co £76 fitted at home. Is this good price?????, this is cheapest iav found.tyre shop I normally use do it using hunter system in Ilford. 

Hi guys  went today to have my alignment done, but it was ok, told him it's pulling right,so he suggested swapping front tyes around. He did say it could be tyre that is causing pulling issue as right tyre is worn from outside, swapped tyres around, now it's pulling left.so now I know it's tyre.what is good quality tyres for front, got Dunlop at moment. How good are Dunlop spt01???? Can get them for £75 fitted at home.

• 8 months later...

At big lock angles you go past the point of self centering ability . It's a quirk of Ackerman steering geometry - no need to worry! Google to find out exactly how it works!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links