Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

lexus warranty

On 3/1/2016 at 11:52 AM, ganzoom said:

^^ I suspect that's why manfacutres rather offer 'discounts' than lower the official list price. It makes selling the car easier because the buyer feels like they are getting a bargain and the allows for cheap PCP/Lease deals.

Our IS300H had an official list price of over £41k we paid barely more than £35k.

The only car company I know that never offers any discounts off the list price is Tesla and maybe Porsche?? Which is why lease prices on both are high compared to the likes of BMW/Audi where the list price has no real life meaning to anyone.

Porsche has started giving discounts recently but not much. About £3k off a Cayenne (but then its been around a while) and of course, nothing off a Macan due to demand.

Lexus is currently only giving £1k off a new RX, this will probably go to about £4-6k around November!

Talking about warranty though, Im sure Lexus Australia give 4 years?!!

Porsche are giving £4500 of a Cayenne Hybrid. It's not a straight up discount as such. They basically adjust the APR on the finance deal so you put in much less as an initial deposit, and add a small dealer deposit contribution to sweeten the deal. If you just walk in and say I want a new Cayenne the salesperson will say " We don't offer discounts ". It's when they know you are serious that this info comes out.

The £1000 of the RX is being offered by the Scotland dealership if I'm not mistaken. The cheeky buggers are adding £600 as a credit arrangement fee. So be careful if ordering through them.

On another note , I was looking at the Pistonheads forum and there was a gent looking to buy a new Range Rover. Apparently he was told there is a huge waiting list etc etc and he will have to wait 12months. How true this is I have no idea. Sounds like bo****s to me!

10 hours ago, Bodmeister said:

Porsche are giving £4500 of a Cayenne Hybrid. It's not a straight up discount as such. They basically adjust the APR on the finance deal so you put in much less as an initial deposit, and add a small dealer deposit contribution to sweeten the deal. If you just walk in and say I want a new Cayenne the salesperson will say " We don't offer discounts ". It's when they know you are serious that this info comes out.

The £1000 of the RX is being offered by the Scotland dealership if I'm not mistaken. The cheeky buggers are adding £600 as a credit arrangement fee. So be careful if ordering through them.

On another note , I was looking at the Pistonheads forum and there was a gent looking to buy a new Range Rover. Apparently he was told there is a huge waiting list etc etc and he will have to wait 12months. How true this is I have no idea. Sounds like bo****s to me!

He might be right on the Range Rover. Factory's been running 24hr days for 3 years now and every other car around here seems to be one. I used to like them but too common now . The new 3 series.

• 2 weeks later...

Inconsistencies not only with warranties but extend to servicing too.

A few years ago, I had a SEAT 2.0 TDI. My brother had a VW Golf with exactly the same engine. My service intervals were 10k miles, his 20k miles. Go figure.

On 3/1/2016 at 11:30 AM, rayaans said:

Leasing is never greater than the depreciation costs - thats just not how it works lol - in that case the leasing companies would be losing more money than they were making!

You can actually get that car for £22399 btw.

Clearly you have little / no experience of the lease market, for example, VW were offering Passat Alltrack 190 TDi's for £3156 over 2 years only this week

Lease companies and manufacturers often push specific models at silly rates to introduce new models or shift unsold cars. 

24 minutes ago, Mikeyb999 said:

Clearly you have little / no experience of the lease market, for example, VW were offering Passat Alltrack 190 TDi's for £3156 over 2 years only this week

Lease companies and manufacturers often push specific models at silly rates to introduce new models or shift unsold cars. 

Most likely to shift unsold cars. The ones they give deals on are undesirable anyway. Nobody wants an A4 Sport, they want S Line

Nobody buys a passat all track.  They just look daft

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mikeyb999 said:

You have to be catch the deals at the right time, and actually it's likely the same car could than be bought to own for cheap. So effectively it's like going to the supermarket and limiting your shop to items that are been discounted because they are approaching their sell-by-date. 

The only way lease companies can offers cheap deals is with significant manfacutres discounts. 

Look at lease costs for a Tesla Model S, the prices are more expensive than buying outright and than selling after 3 years. This is because there is discount from Tesla for anyone. Lease companies aren't mirical workers.

With Lexus when I was buying. There was an offer on finance, but the transaction needed to be completed by the following month. This would have been impossible if you were buying specific options and colour combinations. It would only be useful you weren't too fussy on what you wanted, and bought a cancelled order. But that is what the offers are primarily for, and yes they are out there, but for a reason.

David 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links