Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Planning to see this LS430. Anyone know it?

4 hours ago, cruisermark said:

hi

its been advertised more than once - its been around on/of for a  couple of months atleast

1 hour ago, Chasdad said:

It may be the light but both doors look different to the front and back of the car

It looks like it's just the light, the paving looks a different colour in the middle, in fact the boot looks completely different but that's clearly just a bad photo. Out of all the ones I've looked at this one has the best MOT history by far.  I'm planning on seeing it on Friday but I'll ask about paintwork before I go.  I'm not sure how put off I should be that it's been advertised for a while as there seems to be loads on eBay that have been around for ages, some for many months.  I think people are afraid of them because of the bad publicity with suspension issues etc.  We do need to remember though that they are an excellent car, with basically the same engine as the LS400.  And some of the known problems can be avoided fairly inexpensively. 

You can never be 100%  sure from a photo, but that does look to have had paint.

That said, maybe it's had replacement doors or boot lid, both of which, I believe, are known corrosion problem areas, replaced under warranty by Lexus.

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

It looks like it's just the light, the paving looks a different colour in the middle, in fact the boot looks completely different but that's clearly just a bad photo. Out of all the ones I've looked at this one has the best MOT history by far.  I'm planning on seeing it on Friday but I'll ask about paintwork before I go.  I'm not sure how put off I should be that it's been advertised for a while as there seems to be loads on eBay that have been around for ages, some for many months.  I think people are afraid of them because of the bad publicity with suspension issues etc.  We do need to remember though that they are an excellent car, with basically the same engine as the LS400.  And some of the known problems can be avoided fairly inexpensively. 

Before I went I would ring and ask them if its reg Cat A,B,C or D might save you time and money.

12 hours ago, Bluesman said:

Before I went I would ring and ask them if its reg Cat A,B,C or D might save you time and money.

I spoke to the guy this morning and he says it's just a bad photo and all paint is fine, and no problems with it having been in an accident.  I'm planning to go Thursday morning.  There is another one in Guildford that looks interesting, and as that's only 40 mins away I may take a look.

I've noticed what looks like bad paint match on a number of photos of 430s, and I wonder whether it's to do with the rear wheel arches bulging slightly, and so reflecting light differently from the flatter doors?  It's more noticeable with paler colours.  Just a thought...

4 hours ago, Scribe said:

I've noticed what looks like bad paint match on a number of photos of 430s, and I wonder whether it's to do with the rear wheel arches bulging slightly, and so reflecting light differently from the flatter doors?  It's more noticeable with paler colours.  Just a thought...

I've seen photos of my own cars and they look like patchwork. Lots of phones around with naff cameras which doesn't help.  Anyway, I'm off to Guildford in the morning to view the burgundy one on Gumtree. A year older but full Lexus history.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links