Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car been stood for a week while we were away, and despite mild weather, wouldn't start .

Half an hour charge was enough to get it to fire, but I thought better to replace Battery before it lets me down away from home.

Rang Toyota, in stock for £88, so off I trotted.

My main reason for posting though, the car seems to be running better.....nothing startling, just a general livelier feel to the performance.

Young woman serving me made me feel old though, offered to carry it to the car for me, bless her.

Fortunately I'm not that weak yet.

...  that's why they offer you tea / coffee and biscuits ( generally )  so you CAN carry it yourself

Guess you didn't have a cuppa while you were waiting for the stores to get the Battery for you  ......  they are so thoughtful

Malc

Seems I may have to get another Battery. Pulling her out of the garage and putting her back without a run, puts quite a strain on the Battery. Had to jump start her after playing with the radio. When I put the Battery on charge it never gets fully charged, so I suspect the Battery is on its way out.

Just a quick question: Have tuned in my ipod using a wireless transmitter to the radio but it keeps going into search and losing the signal. How do I stop it searching?

Will look out for improvement in performance with the new Battery.

13 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Seems I may have to get another battery. Pulling her out of the garage and putting her back without a run, puts quite a strain on the battery. Had to jump start her after playing with the radio. When I put the battery on charge it never gets fully charged, so I suspect the battery is on its way out.

Just a quick question: Have tuned in my ipod using a wireless transmitter to the radio but it keeps going into search and losing the signal. How do I stop it searching?

Will look out for improvement in performance with the new battery.

I use a cassette adaptor for my MP3 player, way better quality than a wireless transmitter, also means in the background the tuner is tuned into Radio 1/2/3/4 and I cans till get the Traffic reports,which you cannot do with a wireless adaptor.

Just a thought:cool:

• Like 1

I bought a wireless transmitter so that I could play MP3 files in my Honda, which doesn't have a CD player.  Have since discovered that I can't tune to a blank signal in either the Honda or my Smart car, because the radios will only search to the next station.

Just be aware of the fact you need the lead out of the cassette body to be near the mouth of the cassette bay.

If I recall from my experience I had a Sony cassette adaptor which did not work in the Lexus (but did work in my old Omega).

I think I got my current one from Maplin (though they have changed the model they sell). It was a bit more expensive than the ones on eBay, but at least if it did not work I could have taken in back.

Some adpators get confused by car stereos that have auto-reverse, so maybe buy a cheap one of eBay, if it is not capable, then off down to Maplins (would be my suggestion)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links