Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I use the Toyota rubber grease - it comes in a tooth paste size tube - a lot of people use different greases with the same results. Its personal choice. If you find one that works, stick with it. The Toyota rubber grease works for me. Have used if for a few years without issue.

If you are going for another make just consider if it is suitable in not attacking the rubber seals.

I have serviced my car this weekend - just done the pins today and they were all good. I have put a couple of pictures below of the grease on the pin. I renew the grease every 6 months.

The picture below is before cleaning and applying the new grease. I used the rubber grease on it 6 months ago - it came out no problem. There is a noticeable difference in the colour (clearer grease on the pin i have just taken out) suggesting its doing its job and not just sat there on the pin doing nothing. I have also circled a lip on the pin - this area needs to be spotless, if not it doesn't matter what type of grease you use as the rubber will not seal on the pin correctly and allow dirt and water in. The grease I use does not attack the rubber seals so they are always tight around this point.

Pin 1.jpg

The pin below shows the cleaned pin with a smear of the clean rubber grease - note the difference in colour between used and new. Not very clear images but the difference is very noticeable.

IMAG1565.jpg

A picture of the grease I use is below along with the part number. - available from Toyota or Lexus for around £10

IMAG1566.jpg

• Like 1

When I I brought new disk and pads from Lexus Edinburgh last year they threw in the red grease for free ( I know crazy right?) Lol 

But it wasn't a tube but rather a a sachet, I guess you could say it was the workshop edition, I used it on the side pins, but also used ceraTech for other parts of the brake. I checked slide pins last week, still moving freely.

Hi ,the grease I use I get from an E bay seller ,it is american but sold in this country ,Permatex ultra brake caliper lube 20353 ,  Item no 222020397006 

this is a synthetic grease and seems to work well .I think ceratec was designed as a non metallic anti seize grease ,and I cannot find any reports on whether it affects rubber.You can use red rubber grease or lithium based grease but DO NOT use copper grease for this job as it is a anti seize compound which contains ingredients which will attack rubber ,and can cause it to swell .

Dave

Cant say for sure if good product but this is what I used. One has to wait 5 or so years to make certain it does the job.

Pagid Cera-Tec Brake Lube 75ml (GREASE)

Pagid Cera Tec is a specially formulated Brake lubricant for assembly of pads, calipers, discs and wheels bolts.

• 0% Copper content ensure no interferance with ABS sensors
  • Non Stick compound wont pick up dirt
  • Easy to use 75ml Tube

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links