Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have an 06 GS450H and was just wondering is it possible to remove the speed limiter
And would anyone hazard a guess as to what the true top speed would be if the limiter was removed?

1 hour ago, stormcracker said:

Same here Mike never will find out the top speed but very curious as to what it would be....the mystery continues

I think the limiter in the GS450h's case is to prevent damage to the hybrid components, not to do with top speed. It can probably manage 155mph like the new one.

• 3 weeks later...

i used to have an absolutely stunning 2.5 twin turbo Soarer, it smoked anything it came across and when you put your foot down, your whole body was pinned in the seat, I can honestly say that it was the fastest car I have ever driven.

I had it for 3 months and got rid of it sharpish when I found out (on a motorway) that it was limited to 180 kph.

I found that out on the motorway while smoking a Porche from 0 - 179 kph on the slip road I left him for dead, saw him getting smaller in my rear view mirror and with a deep feeling of self accomplishment, the smugness washed over me. 

Then, I hit 180 and the engine died, it kicked back in when i hit 170 but dropped out again as I hit 180. 

The guy in the previously smoked Porche roared passed me, I could see the diver laughing, then he vanished.

I put my Soarer up for sale the very next day, Bah! Limited cars. 

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old post but just for information , I have recently lost my V8 due to an accident it was mechanically perfect even at 24 years old, I had owned it for 13 years ,the point of this post is to point out that any Soarer can be delimited , the delimiter moves the 180 kmh to 180 mph the same delimiter can change the digital speed numbers to read in mph and its usual to blank off the kmh sign , the actual top speed can be up tp 160mph dependent on age and condition of the car , in my V8 I have reached 140 mph and it still wanted to  go.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links