Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Have come across a 16 year old GS with less than 100k on it, fsh to 95k,  cambelt changed at 75k, 2 owners, has passed every mot, sometimes with only 2k or less between years. 

Bodywork and interior look immaculate from pictures, no lights on dash.

Supposedly everything works as it should. I've had an 02 GS 300 before so know what to expect, and until recently we had a 51 RX300 until someone ran into the side of it and wrote it off.

I plan to go and look at it during the week but wondered if there's anything in particular to watch out for on a very low mileage lightly used car like this. 

Many thanks!

Brake callipers (sliding pins) might be seized, take it for a run and check the temperatures of the wheels to see if one or more is very hot.

Check for creaks and body roll when cornering, some of the suspension rubbers might be worn with age.

Otherwise just check the standard things and make sure the warning lights come on and go out with the ignition, if they never come on the bulbs might have been taken out to hide an issue.

• Like 1

Hi I am a new member to the forum and am also looking to pick up an older gs300, but this one has done 160k.  Apparently comes with full service history and stamps and looks genuine but was concerned with the high mileage.  Do you guys think it would be worth it or should I continue to shop around and wait to see if anything comes up?  I'm in no particular hurry but it is within my price range and looks clean.  Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the advice. After looking around we've decided to go for an RX, (ours was written off in January), and pick up an 02 with 114k on it on Friday. 

Having owned both an 02 GS and 51 RX in the past few years it was a tough choice when it came to letting one go. Our GS was superb but the RX was more versatile and had sharper steering too which surprised us. Seeing the RX trailered away after the accident was dreadful but the insurance offer was way above what we expected, and with a big bill looming before the next MOT it was a no brainer financially. Saw that someone bought it, and has spent some serious money on it to get it through the mot last month (it failed first time round)

Thanks again - much appreciated

On 24/05/2016 at 11:58 AM, TigerFish said:

That mileage shouldn't be a problem in itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Thanks for this, I am thinking of going down this weekend to check it out.

1 hour ago, abs406 said:

Thanks for this, I am thinking of going down this weekend to check it out.

Iv seen one for sale that sound very similar to one you have described.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links