Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all

I am in the market for a front set of tyres as any one ay suggestions

I need quietness as the first priority the ones on the front on mine are dimax and the tramline like mad

the dealer put these on when i bought the car but they are noisy as well

i had TOYO on my gs300 and were pretty good but the reviews on the net are not good for them so i am in a quandry hope some one can help

Robert

I found Michelin tyres are really quiet. You can give a look also on noise declarations that now are in every tyres list with other features that producers have to declare for EU rules, if you believe them ;-)

3 hours ago, KayCee said:

Hi all

I am in the market for a front set of tyres as any one ay suggestions

I need quietness as the first priority the ones on the front on mine are dimax and the tramline like mad

the dealer put these on when i bought the car but they are noisy as well

i had TOYO on my gs300 and were pretty good but the reviews on the net are not good for them so i am in a quandry hope some one can help

Robert

What sizes are they?

Ill take a look at which ones are available, especially if you have staggered setup as it can be difficult to find matching tyres sometimes.

245/40/18 zr
i dd like the toyo proxes on the gs300 but as i said they were on the gs300 and the 450 is heavier

thanks for replying

robert

My go to tyres in that size would be the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT or RT2 or the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3. Both have good noise ratings, not to mention good economy and wet ratings too.

Hi Rayaan

I took your advice went to my local Tyre Depot and they have ordered me 4 Goodyear ASSY 3 and will be in Monday the lad went onto say they are a new tyre he did tell me though they have had good reports.

They have quoted me 126 per tyre to include fitting and balancing so all in all I dont think thats too bad

I will report on how they feel and run on the car

Thanks all who advised

Robert

Where can I buy the valve cores for the GS300 (2007)? Are they specific ones for the TPMS systems?

Regarding new tyres, I need to buy a set of 4 and after lots of research I have narrowed it down to a choice of 4 (GS300 year 2007) Size 225/50 R17 94 W.

1. Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance (load rating 98 as opposed to factory fit 94) £100.16

2. Goodyear Efficient Grip load rating 94 £108.89

3. Michelin Cross Climate load rating 98 £121.89

4. Dunlop Sport BluResponse load rating 98 £109.56

All prices include fitting, rebalancing etc., and prices above are the best I could find (Blackcircles)

I think item one above at £100.16 is the one to go for. I live in the north west of England and we don't get much snow and ice and when we do I tend to stay off the roads.

Any comments on my tyre choices appreciated 

I ran a set of the Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance on my Prius. Although grip, comfort, and noise were very good the life of the tyres were very poor at only 18000 miles down to the ware bars. At this point a sidewall decided to call it a day. This is something I had been warned about before buying. The car had no tracking or suspension problems the tyres Waring evenly across the tread.

The Hankook tyres that they replaced lasted for 42000 miles before a piece of steel on the motorway put an end to two of them. They would have lasted to 45000 miles easily.

• Like 1

Just replaced my Haida Ditchfinders with 4 Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2, paid £360 from eBay delivered and £40 for fitting and balancing at local fitter.  Only just got 4 tyres in the car to take to garage!

Car is transformed, no more wheel spin at 30mph in wet and very very quiet.  I'm interested to see how long they last...

thanks all for your replies i do feel humbled

However you may think i am being rather stupid

Right i bought the car from a  car dealer  i noticed that the fronts were a bit down so commented on it

" No problem ill will fit a new pair on front " the rears had about 6 mm on so i though ye ok but they were called JinHu

never heard of those

Any way sure enough he put me some tyres on i could see they were new so did the deal

However i only ever go around 75 80 and a fortnight later was on the m1 doing around 75 and the car was shaking a bit wheel balance says I so i took it to my local tyre dealer who rebalance front as they were out and went on to say DIMAX these are not very good tyres he also showed me on the balancing m/c one of the tyres was egg shaped he went on to say if its still same sir it will be this tyre.

On trying car it seemed ok the slightest shudder

Last week  i went to lexus dealer to get sat nav updated and i was a little behind time so i eased on a little and got up to 85 and shudder was back but more than that it was like driving a skate board I asked Lexus to check my suspension and they said nothing wrong  but said  more than likely the tyres also you have two different makes of tyres we would not reccomend JinHU let alone DIMAX RADAR

They said run them for a while but dont go too fast with a wry smile.

I thought there and then these are coming off  I have ordered 4 GOODYEAR ASSY 3  £117 each so i am throwing away 2 New front DIMAX and 2 nearly new JINHU wife had said leave them on just dont go too fast Ye I know if my son borrows car then what.

So am i being naively Stupid??

sorry for the long post

As to the  Vredestein i had a set on my Omega Elite a few years ago and they were brilliant

Robert

18 minutes ago, KayCee said:

Right i bought the car from a  car dealer  i noticed that the fronts were a bit down so commented on it

" No problem ill will fit a new pair on front " the rears had about 6 mm on so i though ye ok but they were called JinHu

never heard of those

Any way sure enough he put me some tyres on i could see they were new so did the deal

However i only ever go around 75 80 and a fortnight later was on the m1 doing around 75 and the car was shaking a bit wheel balance says I so i took it to my local tyre dealer who rebalance front as they were out and went on to say DIMAX these are not very good tyres he also showed me on the balancing m/c one of the tyres was egg shaped he went on to say if its still same sir it will be this tyre.

Last week  i went to lexus dealer to get sat nav updated and i was a little behind time so i eased on a little and got up to 85 and shudder was back but more than that it was like driving a skate board I asked Lexus to check my suspension and they said nothing wrong  but said  more than likely the tyres also you have two different makes of tyres we would not reccomend JinHU let alone DIMAX RADAR

I thought there and then these are coming off  I have ordered 4 GOODYEAR ASSY 3  £117 each so i am throwing away 2 New front DIMAX and 2 nearly new JINHU wife had said leave them on just dont go too fast Ye I know if my son borrows car then what.

sorry for the long post

As to the  Vredestein i had a set on my Omega Elite a few years ago and they were brilliant

Robert

Definitely not, sounds like you've done the right thing. Everyone knows you shouldn't mix tyres let alone cheap tyres, you get what you pay for I'm afraid 👍

You shouldn't mix tyres on same axel but it is all right to have different on front and rear.

Of course buying this cheap Chinese tyres for GS in another thing. In my opinion if you want to save money it is better to buy second hand but some descent brand and just change them more often.

On 05/06/2016 at 9:52 AM, JeffL said:

Where can I buy the valve cores for the GS300 (2007)? Are they specific ones for the TPMS systems?

Regarding new tyres, I need to buy a set of 4 and after lots of research I have narrowed it down to a choice of 4 (GS300 year 2007) Size 225/50 R17 94 W.

1. Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance (load rating 98 as opposed to factory fit 94) £100.16

2. Goodyear Efficient Grip load rating 94 £108.89

3. Michelin Cross Climate load rating 98 £121.89

4. Dunlop Sport BluResponse load rating 98 £109.56

All prices include fitting, rebalancing etc., and prices above are the best I could find (Blackcircles)

I think item one above at £100.16 is the one to go for. I live in the north west of England and we don't get much snow and ice and when we do I tend to stay off the roads.

Any comments on my tyre choices appreciated 

The Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance are brilliant tyres - had them on the Merc and no problems - they will run 25-30k miles. They did on my previous Merc anyway.

2 hours ago, KayCee said:

never heard of those

sorry for the long post

Robert

Budget tyres tend to have a lot of issues like this - Id just stay away from them really.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2016 at 7:33 PM, rayaans said:

My go to tyres in that size would be the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT or RT2 or the Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3. Both have good noise ratings, not to mention good economy and wet ratings too.

Hi

I have had the Goodyear  Eagle Assy 3 fitted all round just got back from a 180ml  round trip boy what a pleasure it was steering seemed sharper and was noisless well pleased 127 per corner fully fitted balanced etc the shake i had at 80 all gone running as smooth as silk

It did run ok before until it hit 80 which in all fairness is my limit but i did take it past 80  just briefly and still ok so am well pleased

and the skate board feeling completley gone

thanks ryanns and all who advised

Robert

4 hours ago, KayCee said:

Hi

I have had the Goodyear  Eagle Assy 3 fitted all round just got back from a 180ml  round trip boy what a pleasure it was steering seemed sharper and was noisless well pleased 127 per corner fully fitted balanced etc the shake i had at 80 all gone running as smooth as silk

It did run ok before until it hit 80 which in all fairness is my limit but i did take it past 80  just briefly and still ok so am well pleased

and the skate board feeling completley gone

thanks ryanns and all who advised

Robert

Perfect result then!

Sounds like you've fallen back in love with your Lexus! Good to hear!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2016 at 7:33 PM, rayaans said:

Hi All,

I have set of Goodyear Eagle Asymmetric 3 on my GS300 SE-L and as Rayaans stated, they are good tyres. On the motoway driving 80-90Mph I can get 40-42MPG, Urban 34-30MPG. Those values drops during cold weather: Urban 15-18MPG, Motorway 30-35MPG.

Hope this help.

Chris

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links