Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

Just bought a nice ISF , 47k miles, in pearl white, still getting used to the car, I had a VXR8 before, quite impressed with the quality and performance, the ride can be a bit harsh, but the noise makes up for it. Im based in York. anyone else "up north"?

• Like 1

Congratulations, and welcome to ISF ownership and the LOC. You know what we need.... PICS! :smile: I think there are a fair few Northern owners but those i know of are on the west side.

Welcome to the 'F'amily! :yahoo:

Guessing from your harsh ride comment it's an early model? 08 I'm thinking?

Even Lexus realised the ride was too harsh, so later models received softer setups.

I switched out the stock coilovers and springs to BC BR's with Swift springs. Rides much smoother nowadays, I'll probably get something better at some point, but these are pretty good for the money.

Enjoy! :thumbup1:

On 03/06/2016 at 7:52 PM, aidanjaye said:

Might not be visiting petrol station so often....MGP might surprise you a bit after the VRX8.

How does ISF compare to your old VRX8 performance wise -  much in it?

it feels faster when pushing it, but its a completely different car, much more sophisticated

very nice car. Funnily enough I sat in traffic next to a vrx8 earlier this week. We nodded at each other in that way that said "if only the road was clear coz this could be fun"

I don't think there would be much in it, unless the VXR8 was a manual then it can be difficult to change gear quickly, i think the ISF would pick up after 100mph, but on a damp road the LSD in the VXR8 might give the starting edge, but there's only one way to find out!!:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Now after a few weeks of driving I am  finding the high speed handling amazing, the VXR8 was a bit twitchy at high speed, the ISF gives you confidence to take corners fast and safely, now I understand why the suspension is the way it is, so I have no plans to interfere with the set up. maybe just tweek  just the exhaust.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the F Alex. :thumbup1:

I'd seriously look into the RR-Racing USRS though if you haven't got them already?

Really do make a noticeable difference when it comes to braking/cornering at speed.

Keep in mind the IS-F comes equipped with the same steering bushes as the other IS models! This was a massive oversight by Lexus in my opinion. Just the weight difference of having a 5L V8 up front should have set alarm bells ringing, but I guess it boiled down to cost! :frusty:

I'd love to add a proper LSD to my car at some point. The electronic version works fine for normal road use though I find.

Keep enjoying those lovely roads up North mate! :driving:

Cheers.

Peter

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links