Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to IS300h, some question about seat / suspension

Hi:

I'm about to get a second hand 2014 IS300h 'executive' from the Lexus dealer. Being an 'executive' which I understand it is a relative low trim package, that's OK for me.

But I'd like to have some better front seats, the original seats come with the car is manual adjustment, and I wish to have electric seats.

So, is that possible, or easy to do, if I go to buy some IS electric seat on eBay and swap them. Also I saw the BRZ / GT86 seats are great, will they go into the IS too?

======

Another question is about the 'Sport suspension'. The car in the dealer described as:

F Sport Aluminium Effect Trim 
Sports Suspension
Since I can clearly see it is not a F-sport and I'm not paying a F-sport price for it, so the trim is just some shiny plastic which is fine.

But the question is the 'Sports Suspension', I don't feel like it is a F-sport adjustable suspension, and I don't see any official suspension package except the F-sport adjustable suspension.

Since the car is from the official Lexus dealer I think (or I hope) it should not be some after market modifications. Plus everything in the car is quite original and low spec, and it doesn't seem like it has been modified.

Anyway, is there a 'Sports Suspension' in the Lexus package rather than the 'F-sport adjustable suspension'? 

the Gt86 seats are horrible ,the adjustment on the back of the seat is limited as it

uses a rachet type of adjustment so it has to lock off in certain positions so getting

comfortable is difficult.

you say and i quote " low trim package, that's OK for me. " then why would you want to change

something that suits you

It is not just a case of unbolting the seats and replacing them. Seats have airbags in them so probably ok from another IS but I doubt it would work with GT86 seats. Electric memory seats would require a lot of work fitting the extra wiring switches etc. 

Why not push the budget and buy an Fsport as it seems that is what you really want!!

31 minutes ago, 200h said:

the Gt86 seats are horrible ,the adjustment on the back of the seat is limited as it

Horses for courses, as I also think the GT86 seats are the best I have ever sat in for a production car. 

On 2016/6/19 at 10:08 PM, capese21 said:

It is not just a case of unbolting the seats and replacing them. Seats have airbags in them so probably ok from another IS but I doubt it would work with GT86 seats. Electric memory seats would require a lot of work fitting the extra wiring switches etc. 

Why not push the budget and buy an Fsport as it seems that is what you really want!!

Hi:

I just looked into the IS manual, it do seem like more complicated than I thought.

The air-bag thing seems to need a computer to reset it. I guess, I need to give up.

the price difference between Executive and F-sport was too great for me, plus I don't think I need 19' wheel, F-sport grill and all other stuffs that worth thousands of pounds. In fact I waited 2~3 months for a low-mileage / low spec IS300h to show up in the local dealer, and I simply don't have the money to buy a better one.

Anyways, thanks for the advice.

On 2016/6/19 at 10:39 PM, Martin F said:

Horses for courses, as I also think the GT86 seats are the best I have ever sat in for a production car. 

I been into the GT86 seat and I do agree that it is one of the best.

And it doesn't look too strange for IS-300h interior style as well.

On 2016/6/19 at 10:07 PM, 200h said:

uses a rachet type of adjustment so it has to lock off in certain positions so getting

comfortable is difficult.

you say and i quote " low trim package, that's OK for me. " then why would you want to change

something that suits you

My wife need to drive the car as well, since the size difference between me and my wife means every now and then we need to change the seat position. So I think powered driver side seat would be handy.

Other than this, I don't think I need any more luxury, and I can't afford 2k GBP more just because of the seat. Plus, a pair of used seat should be around 500GBP I guess.

On 2016/6/19 at 1:40 PM, rayaans said:

It appears theres a lot of confusion in your post.

Care to share a link to the car and we'll take a look at it

Sorry about the confusion, I got the answer from the dealer anyway.

It seems like they have labeled everything in their shop with 'sport suspension', and my insurance company looked into the car information and asked me whether I have modified  the suspension.

12 hours ago, Sazabi2001 said:

Sorry about the confusion, I got the answer from the dealer anyway.

It seems like they have labeled everything in their shop with 'sport suspension', and my insurance company looked into the car information and asked me whether I have modified  the suspension.

I think the best trim for you would probably be the Luxury or Advance. 

Take a look at some in your budget and don't worry if they have slightly higher mileage, these things are bulletproof

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links