Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300h test drive

Evening all hope your all well. 

I'm a newbie here with some input and guidance. 

Tomorrow I have a 24 hour test drive of which I'm really looking forward too. Question is before the test drive will they give me a run down how to use the car or will they leave me to my own devises? What sort of miles can you do? Coming from a mazda 3 sport 1.6 it's a massive step up and I'm abit nervous about it tbh. But excited also. 

How are you guys rating the car?

How old are you all?

I'm 25 (didn't know if the car maybe too old for me, not sure really.)

Lexus birmingham have so far been great. Very polite and courteous unlike bmw who didn't want to know. 

Is this forum on tapatalk?

Welcome to the forum and yes it works well with tapatalk. If you're having the car for 24 hours I'm sure they'll give you a full run down on the car. As you've already noticed Lexus dealers do try and provide a service that really all dealers should and sadly few do.

The car is great, the F Sport the most striking IMO and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Remember to try it in Sport mode as well as Normal.

As for your age, most of us are about your age as well [emoji23][emoji23], give or take a decade or so.

Let us know how you get on and enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DJP said:

Welcome to the forum and yes it works well with tapatalk. If you're having the car for 24 hours I'm sure they'll give you a full run down on the car. As you've already noticed Lexus dealers do try and provide a service that really all dealers should and sadly few do.

The car is great, the F Sport the most striking IMO and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Remember to try it in Sport mode as well as Normal.

As for your age, most of us are about your age as well emoji23.pngemoji23.png, give or take a decade or so.

Hi and cheers for the welcome mate.

Yeah the f sport is what I'd ideally have my eye on depending on if I can find one with in my budget circa 25k px included.

When trawling through auto trader etc I've noticed there's some f sports that state premium nav? What is so premium over standard? Also some models appear to have a wheel selector apposed to the mouse looking thing. Was this changed for a reason? Sorry for all the questions. Lol

What model do you have mate and how long you had it? Good for a family car?

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, Glarhzilla said:

Yeah the f sport is what I'd ideally have my eye on depending on if I can find one with in my budget circa 25k px included.

When trawling through auto trader etc I've noticed there's some f sports that state premium nav? What is so premium over standard? Also some models appear to have a wheel selector apposed to the mouse looking thing. Was this changed for a reason? Sorry for all the questions. Lol

Thanks again

Hi G and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We always like to see pictures of members cars so don't be shy.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

As for your age, most of us are about your age as well [emoji23][emoji23], give or take a decade or so.

Thanks again

Premium nav gives some internet related connectivity, eg send a destination from your PC/tablet to the car, Google street view etc. It also gives you the reversing camera which I don't think the standard nav gets. I can't remember what the set up was re the mouse v wheel. I had the F Sport with Prem nav and that had a wheel not a mouse. I had it for 2 years and only changed it as I fancied a change, nothing wrong with the car it's a cracker IMO.

Perfectly good as a family car depending on what your needs are.

Just to clarify - the IS does not have navigation as standard. These will have the rotary dials.

As an option you could choose Business Nav which also comes with a rotary dial. It just adds navigation to the screen basically.

Then you get Premium nav which has 2 more speaks, reversing camera and increased connectivity etc. That comes with the mouse.

The car is awesome, can't say anyone has been disappointed with it at all, gets loads of looks on the street!

Hi Glarhzilla

Be interested to get your opinion on your experience with the car.  Your 25 and getting a 30k car,  nice!  wish I was so lucky when I was that age :)

@rayaans thank you for that input. Will keep that in mind when looking for the spec I want. I would like as many options as I can fit in my budget . Appreciate your time

@RichyRich okay so I've had the car since 10am this morning. First lexus birmingham. Fantastic. Great service great attention to detail explaining the car to me. Very knowledgeable about the products they sell which I know should be a basic but the amount of garrages I've been in and they don't have a clue and refer to Google of which I could do myself. 

The car ive got currently is a sport model is300h with the black wheels and mirror caps in white.

Exterior

Lovely looking car though for my it would have to be the f sport just because I like the more aggressive look. But can't say no to a white car with black wheels very nice. 

Also the boomerang style LED lights so futuristic and fresh looking.

Interior

To me the interior is lovely some parts feel abit like they were out of the Toyota parts bin. The part where the buttons for the heating a/c controls feels quite brittle. Though it's a minor and I could and will get over that. 

The seats are lovely nice and supportive aswell and very comfortable.-cloth interior.

Again would be looking at getting the f sport with leather and premium/premier nav.

Drive this thing

At first I was like I don't like this it feels like I'm not driving it feels too easy.Then after an hour I became fascinated with how quiet it was when the using the Battery motor. I said to myself this is nuts. How this tech is in a car is beyond me. Aaaanyway put it in sports and decided to give it the beans on the motorway (naturally within the legal limit) and  how it picked up was very nice the handling was sharp and responsive. The noise weather it synthetic or not was still a welcome sound to my ears. 

I understand from things I've read the car is not here to get the land speed record but for me it is quick. Though when you want to just cruise it's a fantastic place to be sat quiet refined and smooth and returns some decent enough mpg of which having longer could only improve as I obsess over watching the little screen saying where my power is coming from. Some my say it's sad but I'm just in awe of the tech and the way it works.

The Mrs approves of the car, the little man (6month) just loved it I could tell by the way he slept solid throughout the whole time. Lol. Which to me ticks a massive box.

Sorry if this write up is abit messy or what have you its just how it's come to my head. 

Thanks 

@Glarhzilla, didn't know you could tag people like that, I have been trying to write people's names' lol

That sounds like a win so far,  am very glad to read another very positive review of this car.  

I have a 2.5 and 5.5 year old so am glad it's comfortable and by the sounds of it quiet enough to put them to sleep. 

I agree with you on some of the plastics used and not too sure about the stereo look or feel but again I think the dials and the look of the dash overcome those.

I am getting the F-Sport in Sonic Titanium as I think it's a bit different and can't wait!!!!   really really can't.  

Enjoy the remaining time you have with the car and feel free to post some pics, or any more comments.  It helps me pass the time until mine finally arrives :)

1 hour ago, RichyRich said:

@Glarhzilla, didn't know you could tag people like that, I have been trying to write people's names' lol

That sounds like a win so far,  am very glad to read another very positive review of this car.  

I have a 2.5 and 5.5 year old so am glad it's comfortable and by the sounds of it quiet enough to put them to sleep. 

I agree with you on some of the plastics used and not too sure about the stereo look or feel but again I think the dials and the look of the dash overcome those.

I am getting the F-Sport in Sonic Titanium as I think it's a bit different and can't wait!!!!   really really can't.  

Enjoy the remaining time you have with the car and feel free to post some pics, or any more comments.  It helps me pass the time until mine finally arrives :)

A bit of eye candy to help pass the time.. Sonic T is a cracking colour IMO

photo 3.jpg

IMG_2662.JPG

Car.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glarhzilla said:

@rayaans thank you for that input. Will keep that in mind when looking for the spec I want. I would like as many options as I can fit in my budget . Appreciate your time

@RichyRich okay so I've had the car since 10am this morning. First lexus birmingham. Fantastic. Great service great attention to detail explaining the car to me. Very knowledgeable about the products they sell which I know should be a basic but the amount of garrages I've been in and they don't have a clue and refer to Google of which I could do myself. 

The car ive got currently is a sport model is300h with the black wheels and mirror caps in white.

Exterior

Lovely looking car though for my it would have to be the f sport just because I like the more aggressive look. But can't say no to a white car with black wheels very nice. 

Also the boomerang style led lights so futuristic and fresh looking.

Interior

To me the interior is lovely some parts feel abit like they were out of the Toyota parts bin. The part where the buttons for the heating a/c controls feels quite brittle. Though it's a minor and I could and will get over that. 

The seats are lovely nice and supportive aswell and very comfortable.-cloth interior.

Again would be looking at getting the f sport with leather and premium/premier nav.

Drive this thing

At first I was like I don't like this it feels like I'm not driving it feels too easy.Then after an hour I became fascinated with how quiet it was when the using the battery motor. I said to myself this is nuts. How this tech is in a car is beyond me. Aaaanyway put it in sports and decided to give it the beans on the motorway (naturally within the legal limit) and  how it picked up was very nice the handling was sharp and responsive. The noise weather it synthetic or not was still a welcome sound to my ears. 

I understand from things I've read the car is not here to get the land speed record but for me it is quick. Though when you want to just cruise it's a fantastic place to be sat quiet refined and smooth and returns some decent enough mpg of which having longer could only improve as I obsess over watching the little screen saying where my power is coming from. Some my say it's sad but I'm just in awe of the tech and the way it works.

The Mrs approves of the car, the little man (6month) just loved it I could tell by the way he slept solid throughout the whole time. Lol. Which to me ticks a massive box.

Sorry if this write up is abit messy or what have you its just how it's come to my head. 

Thanks 

Good write up:smile:

I couldn't really care less about mpg but the obsession about keeping that Eco light on drives me mad :wacko:.

I also really liked the way the car could either be a serene waft around the place in silence or near to on the one hand, and then, whack it into sport and drive like a getaway car :biggrin:.

I also agree the F Sport looks the business.

• Like 1

Good to hear some positive views from a potential owner.

The synthetic noise can be turned off - there's a little dial which says ASC on the right of the steering wheel.

• Like 1

Seen in Japan some owners have put some chome tailpipes on,  wonder if the noise increases or more likely it's just styling.    I have a Peugeot 208 hire car for the week and whilst it does a ok job of getting me to and from the train station each day it sucks big time.  So can't wait until mine arrives,  askes Lexus Milton Keynes if I can have a loan car until mine arrives,  they came back initially with an offer of a Demo car for a week but haven't confirmed if I can have it till mine arrives yet!!  Doesn't sound unreasonable does it?? 

19 hours ago, DJP said:

A bit of eye candy to help pass the time.. Sonic T is a cracking colour IMO

photo 3.jpg

IMG_2662.JPG

Car.jpg

This last Pic @DJP looks awesome, the wheels and the body look dark but not dull.  Do you find the bodywork changes it look alot and what time of day do you find it is best to see the car?

I think it looks its finest in the sun but tbh in all sorts of different lighting condition it seems to change.Look forward to seeing some pics when you get yours! 

• Like 1

Ok so I have way too much time to kill asking silly questions but @DJP or any other F-Sport owners how do you find the wheels, are they easily curbed?  my previous IS220D had 17" wheels and even though I had the rim protection ridge,  I still managed to curb them quite a lot.

35 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Ok so I have way too much time to kill asking silly questions but @DJP or any other F-Sport owners how do you find the wheels, are they easily curbed?  my previous IS220D had 17" wheels and even though I had the rim protection ridge,  I still managed to curb them quite a lot.

Yes easily kerbed.

If you hit a kerb at all, at any speed - just make sure you're prepared for the disappointment when you take a look at the wheel

The IS still has NO kerbed wheels, had it for nearly a year now! *touch wood*

The trick is - dont go anywhere near a kerb - I usually park about a foot away (how you're supposed to park!!)

5 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Yes easily kerbed.

If you hit a kerb at all, at any speed - just make sure you're prepared for the disappointment when you take a look at the wheel

The IS still has NO kerbed wheels, had it for nearly a year now! *touch wood*

The trick is - dont go anywhere near a kerb - I usually park about a foot away (how you're supposed to park!!)

Oh No,  I can already see myself getting upset over this!!!  The issue I have is I park in a multi storey car park where the entrance and exit has a low curb which is easily mis judged,  the alternative is find a new parking spot but what would be good to see is some sort of gadget that is built in to the wheels or on the car somewhere that can detect how close a curb is similar to parking sensors!.  

19 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Oh No,  I can already see myself getting upset over this!!!  The issue I have is I park in a multi storey car park where the entrance and exit has a low curb which is easily mis judged,  the alternative is find a new parking spot but what would be good to see is some sort of gadget that is built in to the wheels or on the car somewhere that can detect how close a curb is similar to parking sensors!.  

There is something that detects the kerb, its already fitted to your car, most cars actually.......YOU. :lol:

• Like 2

LOL Thanks @Verbout Hopefully I will be more careful with the new car :unsure:  I curbed my old car on the same bit of curb just last week, although I didn't care too much it reminded me how easily it can happen.   

Does anyone know where the design of the wheels comes from? they are a bit different and really like the finish.  

2 hours ago, RichyRich said:

They tend to work OK but Ive heard they fling off at high speed causing damage.

Echoing Rayaan's comments, very easily damaged as they are so soft. They look the business especially when clean but the slightest graze and you are done for :sad:

The other point to remember is that there is no paint code so to get a perfect repair you really need the whole wheel to be done. I bought the alloy and tyre insurance and that was a seriously good move. From memory it gave me 10 repairs over a 3 year period. I only had the car 2 years and used it half a dozen times I think. A lot of my driving is around town with on street parking  and even with real care I caught mine.

Thanks guys, I have moved on quite swiftly from the naf rim protectors as don't like the sound of them potentially flinging off nor when the tyres need changing would probably need them replacing.  I have been looking at alloy wheel insurance with ALA who do GAP insurance.  I know I am digressing alot from Test drive heading and sorry about that but anyone taken out ALA GAP insurance?  Their quote for 3 years of the PCP I am getting for GAP, Alloy Wheel and Scratch & Dent cover is £680.   Lexus quoted me £800 just for GAP so is this a good idea?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links