Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I seem to remember that this can be an LS problem. Washer bottle full,but warning light is on. Can't see anything that resembles an electrical connection at the top of the bottle. Is there a quick/easy way to repair/replace the affected part please?.

Hi - I've had similar.

The float on the switch is u/s.

The float assembly is via underneath - passenger side (of course), remove the engine under tray for easier access. You can disconnect the switch wiring here with a bit of fiddling. To remove the switch you gently prize it downwards and away...ensuring the bottle is empty....or collect the stuff! Might need gentle persuasion with a screw driver blade to ease out from the bottle. New one is connected and pushed into place.

I left mine disconnected for now so no annoying dashlight and something I will get fixed.

• Like 1

Hi - I've had similar.

The float on the switch is u/s.

The float assembly is via underneath - passenger side (of course), remove the engine under tray for easier access. You can disconnect the switch wiring here with a bit of fiddling. To remove the switch you gently prize it downwards and away...ensuring the bottle is empty....or collect the stuff! Might need gentle persuasion with a screw driver blade to ease out from the bottle. New one is connected and pushed into place.

I left mine disconnected for now so no annoying dashlight and something I will get fixed.

• Like 1

You can't have 'remove the engine undertray' in same sentence as 'easy'!

The 'easy' way is to ignore the light, as it is an LS 400 problem/minor annoyance.

To folk who never look under the bonnet it's rocket science! (And some Lex owners ARE like that-how often do cars fail on bulbs out ? etc..)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chris Skelton said:

You can't have 'remove the engine undertray' in same sentence as 'easy'!

The 'easy' way is to ignore the light, as it is an LS 400 problem/minor annoyance.

To folk who never look under the bonnet it's rocket science! (And some Lex owners ARE like that-how often do cars fail on bulbs out ? etc..)

I'd like to admit to being one of "them" now, just to get it out of the way.

A well-known problem on an older LS. I had this dash light on for a couple of years. The float is knackered. I eventually got fed up with the light being on all the time so one day I got underneath and disconnected it. Access was a bit of a faff, but it was worth it. If I remember it involved the undertray and front wheel arch liner.

I had the same, just disconnected the darned thing.

One day I will sort it, might try creating a new float out of some foam I have knocking about.

I was not sure if the light staying on is a MOT advisory or fail, now that they are getting more fussy with MOT, this does assume MOT inspector checks the water bottle to see it is full, but sees the light still on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links