Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New joiner & IS300h

Hi to all, new to the forum and new to Lexus!

Due to collect an IS300h this Sunday as a replacement company car.  Current car is a Merc C Class coupe 250d - lovely car to drive complete with the equivalent of Lexus's AVS dampers .  

Early comparisons from the test drive - Lexus is far fresher inside and out, drive train seems like the future when you return to noisy & harsh Merc diesel.

The IS is well specified (ex-demo) so protection pack, Premium Nav and ML stereo; really looking forward to it - just waiting on the rear windows having a subtle tint applied and a slight scuff on the wheel sorted.  

Lexus Bradford have been exemplary....

Photos below (the Merc is an example not my actual car) 

grill 1.jpg 

Lex.jpg

Lex2.jpg

Lex3.jpg

• Like 1

Hi @Smithy2 looks nice,  I'm in to my 2nd Lexus, first being the 220D which was old when I got it but just recently picked up my first brand new car (also a company car, my own)

Interesting to hear about the window tint, would like to see how dark it is when you get it as would be good to get that too as have two little ones that ride in the back daily.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to the car,  I have never been in a Merc but also good to know you think the IS better already!

11 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Hi @Smithy2 looks nice,  I'm in to my 2nd Lexus, first being the 220D which was old when I got it but just recently picked up my first brand new car (also a company car, my own)

Interesting to hear about the window tint, would like to see how dark it is when you get it as would be good to get that too as have two little ones that ride in the back daily.

Glad to hear you are looking forward to the car,  I have never been in a Merc but also good to know you think the IS better already!

I asked the dealer to sort the windows - they had a contact who is also a customer who does various bits for them - cost £160.  I have seen them and they are dark but not too dark.  My current car has the same and the Lexus just felt a bit exposed with all the light streaming in (i would likely have got used to it) but i think with the white paint its a good contrast.  Example pic below

Also have a small ducktail spoiler to fit - it is matt rubber and a perfect colour match to the rear diffuser - not even going to paint it!  Example pic below....

The Merc is a very competent car and the people's perception of them are "oo that looks expensive" - never had anything go wrong with it and not rattles etc but the finish in the lexus is a step above....

lex5.jpg

Lex4.jpg

Very Nice! But then, I am a bit biased!

I was thinking about tints myself but decided against it as I like seeing the red seats from the outside contrasting with the white paint

Lexus Bradford are great arent they? Who did you speak to? Lee?

Ive had a few Lexus vehicles since 2004, I bought an RX300 over an E240 back in the day and have been with Lexus, specifically the RX since!

Now my wife had a Merc C220 CDI since 2006 and when it was time to change, no prizes for guessing what she decided on!

5 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Very Nice! But then, I am a bit biased!

I was thinking about tints myself but decided against it as I like seeing the red seats from the outside contrasting with the white paint

Lexus Bradford are great arent they? Who did you speak to? Lee?

Ive had a few Lexus vehicles since 2004, I bought an RX300 over an E240 back in the day and have been with Lexus, specifically the RX since!

Now my wife had a Merc C220 CDI since 2006 and when it was time to change, no prizes for guessing what she decided on!

I looked at other colours too but always went back to the white - it looks technical and suits the sharp bodywork i think.  Understand what you mean re the red seats but the Merc is black with red seats (very similar to rose leather) so i'm quite used to it.

Been dealing with Muhammed an American chap - and Gordon, both great and customer service is excellent.

I have to say that when getting a new car you end up looking out for them more on the road and usually noticing them a lot more, but with the IS there just aren't any!  I drove back from London on Tuesday and counted 3 the entire journey (not one was an F Sport either)  Contrast with the Merc and you lose count.  A bit of exclusivity sounds good to me! 

52 minutes ago, Smithy2 said:

I asked the dealer to sort the windows - they had a contact who is also a customer who does various bits for them - cost £160.  I have seen them and they are dark but not too dark.  My current car has the same and the Lexus just felt a bit exposed with all the light streaming in (i would likely have got used to it) but i think with the white paint its a good contrast.  Example pic below

Also have a small ducktail spoiler to fit - it is matt rubber and a perfect colour match to the rear diffuser - not even going to paint it!  Example pic below....

The Merc is a very competent car and the people's perception of them are "oo that looks expensive" - never had anything go wrong with it and not rattles etc but the finish in the lexus is a step above....

lex5.jpg

Lex4.jpg

Interesting,  not too sure if I would have the spoiler but does give it a different look.   Have asked the question about tinting the rear windows on mine so will see.  This is how mine looks, pretty standard but think the colour goes well with the wheels.   Still trying to take some decent photos

IMG_20160711_151022.jpg

it

2 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Interesting,  not too sure if I would have the spoiler but does give it a different look.   Have asked the question about tinting the rear windows on mine so will see.  This is how mine looks, pretty standard but think the colour goes well with the wheels.   Still trying to take some decent photos

IMG_20160711_151022.jpg

It does compliment the wheels very well - i see you have the protection pack too - it was the cover on the bumper which made me think about a spoiler tbh.  The lexus branded ones i don't like as they run the entire width but if you note the boot lid has a subtle elevation to it and the spoiler i have follows these contours.  Anyway it's only held on with 3m tape so if looks poor it can go! 

3 minutes ago, Smithy2 said:

it

It does compliment the wheels very well - i see you have the protection pack too - it was the cover on the bumper which made me think about a spoiler tbh.  The lexus branded ones i don't like as they run the entire width but if you note the boot lid has a subtle elevation to it and the spoiler i have follows these contours.  Anyway it's only held on with 3m tape so if looks poor it can go! 

Yeah wasn't too sure about the plastic boot lip protector as it also overhangs slightly.  Like yours it is a company car so don't want to make too many modifications to get the wrong sort of attention.    Still I like the idea of having something slightly unique and like you said you don't see too many of them around, certainly not the F-Sport anyway.  I am in love with the wheels though. 

IMG_20160712_091907.jpg

4 hours ago, Smithy2 said:

just waiting on the rear windows having a subtle tint applied 

That'll be the first thing to be done to mine when it arrives in September. I feel naked driving a car without the ugly kid glass 

• Like 1

So, collected the car yesterday - good handover experience, car looks fantastic and the window tint is a great finisher to the car.  Have fitted the rear lip spoiler and also removed the bumper protector; there was little residue left from the glue - hot soapy water removed the rest and it leaves a cleaner look without it i think.

If anyone wants a bumper protector its free to a good home if you pay for the postage.

Will get some photos up later to garner opinions! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smithy2 said:

So, collected the car yesterday - good handover experience, car looks fantastic and the window tint is a great finisher to the car.  Have fitted the rear lip spoiler and also removed the bumper protector; there was little residue left from the glue - hot soapy water removed the rest and it leaves a cleaner look without it i think.

If anyone wants a bumper protector its free to a good home if you pay for the postage.

Will get some photos up later to garner opinions! 

Congratulations Smithy2, I am still revelling in mine each time I see it, get in it and drive it of course!  

I would like to see pics of the rear windows tint as well.   I've been in touch with a local company who can do mine for £165.  Just need to decide how light/dark I want to go,  am thinking a dark smoke on the rear so it's not too obvious as limo black won't really compliment the Sonic Titanium but should still give a good degree of privacy for my kids.   

17 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Congratulations Smithy2, I am still revelling in mine each time I see it, get in it and drive it of course!  

I would like to see pics of the rear windows tint as well.   I've been in touch with a local company who can do mine for £165.  Just need to decide how light/dark I want to go,  am thinking a dark smoke on the rear so it's not too obvious as limo black won't really compliment the Sonic Titanium but should still give a good degree of privacy for my kids.   

Rich, I'll get some pics from inside and out for you, £165 is a good price - I paid £150 in the end and that was at cost.

• Like 1

Tried to send a message to Smithy2 but no idea if this was ever sent or even where the message has got to so am using the general site to follow up.  More complicated than I thought.  

Ok i have some shots of the window tints, they were taken just now however so the light makes them look perhaps a little darker than in direct sunlight.  From inside they are a good gradient and only a few shades darker than the fronts without tint.

IMG_20160718_202332 (1).jpg

IMG_20160718_202357.jpg

IMG_20160718_202403.jpg

IMG_20160718_202420.jpg

IMG_20160718_202433.jpg

IMG_20160718_202446.jpg

IMG_20160718_202502.jpg

27 minutes ago, rayaans said:

The tints look good. Not sure on the spoiler though looks off to me

Cheers, yes pleased with the tints. The spoiler fits well with the contours of the existing slight lip on the boot, its like a mini duck tail but from that angle the lip makes it look raised more at one side other, angles improve it (i hope!)

IMG_20160718_214424.jpg

IMG_20160718_214444.jpg

Liking the tints, but not sure on the spoiler in black, may look better if in white? I didn't go for the protection pack as the black cover on the bumper within the pack breaks up the look of the back end if in a bright paint colour.

2 hours ago, Smithy2 said:

Ok i have some shots of the window tints, they were taken just now however so the light makes them look perhaps a little darker than in direct sunlight.  From inside they are a good gradient and only a few shades darker than the fronts without tint.

IMG_20160718_202332 (1).jpg

IMG_20160718_202357.jpg

IMG_20160718_202403.jpg

IMG_20160718_202420.jpg

IMG_20160718_202433.jpg

IMG_20160718_202446.jpg

IMG_20160718_202502.jpg

Nice one,  tints do look dark from the pics but so does the front window so guess it's not jet black.  I am definitely going for a tint,  will probably go for a smoke tint just a shade darker than the standard but will take a look at a few cars at the tinting place this week before I decide.   Thanks for the pics,  and the spoiler is fine IMHO.   Enjoy the car,  I certainly am and finding new features and behaviors of the car almost daily :) 

• 1 month later...

Car is booked in to get the rears tinted and I was thinking will go for the Smoke tint but might go for a shade darker but not sure with the colour of mine if it will look a bit odd.

this is how my car looks (when I picked it up last month)    I think the rear is tinted more than the fronts but it's not enough to give my kids the privacy I want.    In that light the Sonic Titanium is lovely :)   need to give it a clean and buff me thinks soonIMG_20160711_151022.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links