Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car broken in or me?

Had my car now for just over a 1000 miles from new.  Does anyone know if it's noticeably more responsive once broken in or if the fuel economy improves?  I am averaging 41mpg on mixed roads.

3 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Fuel economy improved by a few mpg. The throttle lag is there forever sadly :(. 

Sorry I should clarify,  I actually felt the throttle was more responsive once broken in.   How many miles does it take to break in the car? 

I've done 10k in ours now, throttle lag is the only thing I hate about the car. Not a deal breaker since it's a family car so a bit of throttle lag is fine, still it's there.

58 minutes ago, ganzoom said:

I've done 10k in ours now, throttle lag is the only thing I hate about the car. Not a deal breaker since it's a family car so a bit of throttle lag is fine, still it's there.

Not sure I am feeling that as yet but this is coming from the IS220D which had huge throttle lag so in comparison it's lightening :)

On 24/08/2016 at 6:17 PM, RichyRich said:

Not sure I am feeling that as yet but this is coming from the IS220D which had huge throttle lag so in comparison it's lightening :)

It does depend on the car you come from.

Our previous C220 CDI had some horrendous lag, not to mention the power used to come in a lump which meant that it'd spin the rear wheels and then run out of puff.

Ive hardly noticed much lag in the IS300h in comparison and its much nicer to drive.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links