Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cash discount

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a used is300h from a main dealer. Question is do the dealers offer discounts for straight cash deal?

i contacted one dealer who said they would knock off £200 against car they had on Autotrader for 21k. 

I understand it probably comes down to how well you negotiate but was interested in anyone else's experience 

thanks

Depending on the dealer but generally I have found that discount and pricing over the phone are no where near as effective as standing in the showroom ready to deal at the right price.

Based in the ROI myself but always achieved at least €1000 off list price on used cars & achieved a healthy % against a new one in main dealers, the haggle is half the fun

You should get between £500 and £1000 off any used car.
Thats unless you're dealing with Lexus Edgeware road who refuse to give much discount unless they really want to get rid of the car in my experience

I've put in two offers recently, one in person and one via e mail on 21K and 23K cars..at different dealers.and they've refused to budge an inch on the screen price. This was cash or finance, no counter offer just the usual 'we will lose money on it' 16.4% achievable on brand new??  - you might expect 5-7% on used - no chance. These are on cars they need to sell. 

In that price range its almost as if its a market ploy for you to go brand new down the finance route.

I went through this whole scenario two years ago and found other manufacturers far more aggressive with their pricing policy with the inclusion of service plans etc and I ended up going elsewhere.

In my early stages of looking to return, weighing up service costs etc and the whole package, I'm finding little to draw me back which is a bloody shame. I'm not sure Lexus can rely on reliability for much longer with others chucking around decent manufacturer warranties, cheap extended warranties and 5 year service plans like confetti. 

If they don't budge you aren't trying hard enough but you won't get more than £1k off unless it's your lucky day 

I'm pretty frank with my main dealer. I usually give then a lower price than I expect to pay and if they say "oh well lose money on it" ill say, and I quote "look, don't bull**** me because we both know that's not true, you paid less than book price and you're making atleast £3k on it". That usually brings them down a bit 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links