Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX 400h: how long should the seat heater stay on?

Do they not come back on if you wait a while? Since we bought our RX300 in May it's not been cold enough to use them so I don't know how they work in a Lexus, but when we had our Nissan Maxima QX they were thermostatically controlled - when they reached a certain temp they would switch off until the temp dropped to a certain point and then come back on again.

7 hours ago, sorcerer said:

Do they not come back on if you wait a while? Since we bought our RX300 in May it's not been cold enough to use them so I don't know how they work in a Lexus, but when we had our Nissan Maxima QX they were thermostatically controlled - when they reached a certain temp they would switch off until the temp dropped to a certain point and then come back on again.

Makes sense that there would be a thermostat, but mine seem to heat up quickly, stay very warm for a while and then seem to go off completely after 20 minutes, and they don't come back on again unless I switch them off and then wait a while.

I read somewhere about someone who had a relay switch or something replaced by a Lexus dealer for a similar sounding problem.

1 hour ago, Gliderpilot said:

My seats have a controller, you set the temp with a small knob then they come on and off depending on the setting.

$_1.JPG

I tend to always put it up to the maximum, but after 15-20 minutes it switches itself off and doesn't come back on again, despite the red light still showing.

On 9/12/2016 at 5:28 PM, jumbojake said:

on our 2015 Rx450, we had the same experience... it was all sorted under warranty and now they are on a constant temperature  (great news for my wife's dodgy back)

Can you remember what is was they replaced? I would love to have the seat heater stay on permanently, it's nice even if it's not particularly cold!

sorry, no idea.. my wife dealt with it all.  We got the impression it's not something they have dealt with before, as they confirmed they needed to contact Lexus UK for guidance.

We could see the leather was slightly crumpled, so they clearly had the seat base apart, but no idea beyond that.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links