Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250 - Boot Spare wheel support missing

Hi

I have a 2009 IS250 and not sure of the technical name that I am going to explain in this forum.  When i had flat tyre, the AA guys came and replaced the spare wheel and local garage had fixed my tyre puncture.

Someone has removed the support above spare wheel on the mat and I am not sure who. When i try to put things in my boot, it just goes downward and realized something is missing which supports the boot mat. I tried my luck asking both local garage and AA and no luck since this happened a month ago and i didn't realize till now as i was out of city.

If i need to look for parts or even explain this, not sure what to mention. Am posting you the pictures here to have better understanding.  There should be something between the spare wheel and the floor mat else if i keep something on top of the mat, it just goes under.

IMG_20161010_160056.jpg

IMG_20161010_160133.jpg

There's a whole panel, incorporating a tray for stuff, missing. Maybe the AA guy left it out by the roadside, or maybe the garage where you got the puncture repair fixed left it out.

Hi

As i mentioned before, it is too late for now as both of them have mentioned that they have not seen this. How do i fix this now? If i need to look into eBay or lexus spare parts, what should i be telling them?

Good call - jump in three, SilentBull!

It looks to have a support bar missing - should have a bar across the tray under the carpet running front to back - it slots into the cutouts at front and back of the tray - but you could always make one from a piece of wood.

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:04 PM, SilentBull said:

Hi

I have a 2009 IS250 and not sure of the technical name that I am going to explain in this forum.  When i had flat tyre, the AA guys came and replaced the spare wheel and local garage had fixed my tyre puncture.

Someone has removed the support above spare wheel on the mat and I am not sure who. When i try to put things in my boot, it just goes downward and realized something is missing which supports the boot mat. I tried my luck asking both local garage and AA and no luck since this happened a month ago and i didn't realize till now as i was out of city.

If i need to look for parts or even explain this, not sure what to mention. Am posting you the pictures here to have better understanding.  There should be something between the spare wheel and the floor mat else if i keep something on top of the mat, it just goes under.

IMG_20161010_160056.jpg

IMG_20161010_160133.jpg

A long shot - if the tyre was changed at the side of the road then go back to the area just to see if its still lying there at the side of the road?

On 11/10/2016 at 5:22 PM, johnatg said:

Good call - jump in three, SilentBull!

It looks to have a support bar missing - should have a bar across the tray under the carpet running front to back - it slots into the cutouts at front and back of the tray - but you could always make one from a piece of wood.

I can see the bar you mentioned at the back of the carpet. Do i need to slot it out somewhere?

Not sure what you mean - I can't see it anywhere. Look at the pic of the tray, with the top cover open - the bar fits into the cutouts at the front and back middle of the tray edges. It supports the carpeted lid when heavy weights are in the boot.

On 14/10/2016 at 4:22 PM, johnatg said:

Not sure what you mean - I can't see it anywhere. Look at the pic of the tray, with the top cover open - the bar fits into the cutouts at the front and back middle of the tray edges. It supports the carpeted lid when heavy weights are in the boot.

John

I believe this is what you are talking about. I don't have an idea how this needs to be slotted. 

IMG_20161019_181117.jpg

I have no idea what those strips are, but they are nothing to do with the luggage box cover support.

Here are the instructions on the base of the luggage box: (pic 1)

Then there's the support bar: (pic 2)

And it fits like this: (pic 3)

As I mentioned, you could fashion a support bar from a piece of wood.

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

• Like 1

I got same in my car as didn't really realise it as silentbul opened a question, my is220d didn't have it but didn't really know at that time, mat that goes on top was creased in middle on my is220d. I even got plastic bag for tyre.

DSC_0013.JPG

DSC_0012.JPG

The 'crease' is there so you can fold the mat in half and store it in the more sunken area in the tray. The support then stores in the cutouts at either side of the back of the tray.

Not sure why you'd want to do that - makes for a rather awkward boot floor - as you illustrate!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links