Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS F Replacement.

Was discussing having a 3rd child with the wife last night. It won't be for another 2 years or so but it got me looking at what i'd replace the 4 seater IS F with when the time comes.

Seems to be a lot of options with a theoretical budget of £20-25k and being a year to 3 years newer than my 2008 model.

I would probably go for the Mercedes C63 or E63 AMG Saloon/Estate, or a Jaguar XFR or XJ 5.0 Portfolio, but there are loads of options for a decent perfoming V8 such as the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, BMW M3 or M5 Saloon, or X5M, Infiniti FX 5.0 V8, Range Rover Sport 5.0 V8 Supercharged, Vauxhall VXR8 or Lexus LS460.

Plus maybe the GS F would be an option then.

What would other IS F owners look at replacing theirs with if/when the time comes? 

I would go porker cayenne gts or turbo personally. Performance, comfort, styling etc. Ticks all the boxes.

Soon we may need a bigger second car and it will be a rx450h but that is because it does not need to scratch the performance itch with the Evora in the garage. 

Out of those I would go for either the E63 or the XFR. 

As for me I still want to tick the modded Evo X box so that will be the next car for me. An E60 M5 is also on the list but that will be later on. 

I would like to stick with Lexus after the ISF but the GSF hasn't grown on me just yet. Other than that would have to sacrifice the power for an RX. I would like to keep the ISF for some time but would like the peace of mind of an extended warranty which I assume won't be possible with Lexus once my 2008 reaches its 10th birthday. This might make me upgraded to a newer model or switch. 

After an IS-F and RC-F, I'm very seriously considering an Alfa Guilia Quadrifoglio. Its not a V8, but does seem a step up in performance and much better specced than various German rivals. I'm hoping for  a test drive in a couple of weeks

15 hours ago, MNMJ said:

After an IS-F and RC-F, I'm very seriously considering an Alfa Guilia Quadrifoglio. Its not a V8, but does seem a step up in performance and much better specced than various German rivals. I'm hoping for  a test drive in a couple of weeks

Let us know how you get on. Always loved the interiors of alfas.

The Guila Quadrifoglio (Quattroformagi is what I keep calling it) looks lovely. Like you say, it's not a V8 but it's still a potent power plant. Reviews for it look good so far. I'm hoping to own one in a few years time so hopefully the depreciation will be steep in the first couple of years of release. 

I never seem to keep a car for long as I always want to try something different and tick off boxes. Going to go view a fettled Evo X today which is likely to replace the ISF. After that it'll hopefully be a late E60 M5 to replace that in a year or so and then who knows maybe a GTR depending on circumstances. 

I'm glad I bought the ISF over a C63 or an M3. Much more discreet and suitably left field. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links