Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New member New wheels

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Kevin and recently bought an IS 300h  F sport. Lovely care and a lovely drive especially coming from a 400bhp Evolution X.

I have changed the wheels to make the car a little different and more individual to me and to fill the arch gap. I think it needs to be a little lower now. Has anyone lowered these? 

Kevin

Side on Rotas.JPG

Rotas rear.JPG

Lexus side Rotas.JPG

Rotas fitted.JPG

Just now, LexusMann said:

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Kevin and recently bought an IS 300h  F sport. Lovely care and a lovely drive especially coming from a 400bhp Evolution X.

I have changed the wheels to make the car a little different and more individual to me and to fill the arch gap. I think it needs to be a little lower now. Has anyone lowered these? 

Kevin

Side on Rotas.JPG

Rotas rear.JPG

Lexus side Rotas.JPG

Rotas fitted.JPG

It looks high in this pic as it is jacked up on the other side :-)

Hi Kevin and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch so please dont hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they dont go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars so don't be shy.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

Mike. Bluesman.

Hi Kev,

Got to say that does look very good and the choice of wheels and colour is spot on IMO. Are they 19"?

Personally, looking at the pictures (the ones where its not jacked up) the ride height looks fine. If you look closely at the wheel arches, the distance between each side of the wheel arch and the tyre seems to be the same. If you start lowering the car, you'd get an uneven look where the distance between top of the tyre and bottom of the arch is less than from the side of the tyre and side of the arch but it depends if thats what you want or not.

I also think the IS is quite low generally anyway, its worth remembering that some owners have already scraped the front lip on kerbs and bumps so going lower would probably make that worse.

HI Kevin and welcome to the forum

the tyre to arch clearance looks nice and even around the front and rear tyres and i wouldn't change the setup

i feel you will regret lowering the IS Especially with you having the  F sport, members complain about the front bumper hitting kerbs even with the standard height

also in my opinion lexus drivers like to enjoy the car as it is and leave the modifying to the bmw & audi owners,

• 2 weeks later...

I agree it doesn't need lowering but if your not planning on driving it daily perhaps purely for looks mind as the ride is more than firm enough in the F-Sport. Mine is stock with just tinted rear glass

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links