Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Guys I've only had my is250 a couple of weeks and already I've run into a problem. 

Basically the rear window demister has given up the ghost and is not clearing the mist from the rear window. Funny thing is the light on the dash glows to indicate it's switched on but instead of turning off after 15 minutes it's stays on permanently until I switch it off.

Any ideas what the problem could be here? 

Actually nemesisuk I've not checked the mirrors.

I've phoned up the dealer I purchased the vehicle from and surprise surprise can't fit me in until after new year which is odd as when I had the money to buy the car they had time to service it and mot it the very same day.

Do you know if it worked from day one?

When you say its given up....is it not demisting at all ...or are there patches/lines that are clearing? The very top few lines won't as they form the aerial for the radio.

The door mirrors and HRW operate at the same time. Door mirror misting can be seen evaporating off pretty quick on mine...its obvious if they are working.

If it's patchy on the HRW you could try having a looksee. Any evidence of any stickers being removed prior to your purchase? Could there have been any after market tints removed? On a close look any signs of breaks in the element? These are just best guesses at this point.

Don't go digging around too much as I'm guessing you still have an active purchase warranty period in force. So let them sort it after Christmas break.

• Like 1

Normski2 yes it was working perfectly fine up until yesterday when I switched it on travelling to work. Normally about a mile up the lane it's clearing nicely and totally clear when I get into hereford. 

Yesterday and this morning it had not cleared in the slightest. I'm guessing it's a fuse maybe but I've no idea how to change one so will leave it until after the holidays as my vehicle came with a 3 month warranty. 

It's no problem swapping a fuse, just pull it out and replace with another of the same amp(stamped on top).  Also could be the relay (same way to swap) 

Did you get an owners manual with the car? This should tell you the location of the fuses. 

Tayaste yes got the manual with car but dont feel confident enough to try as knowing my luck I'll damage something. I'll leave it to the experts. As far as cars go I'm good for checking the oil level and that's it.

If you can check the oil level..you'll be fine with the fuses, the fuses are designed to be easily replaced. Takes two minutes tops. Once you've done one you'll be changing fuses with your eyes shut. :thumbsup:

Almost certainly it's the fuse. I've had many pop over the years on various cars and very easy to change yourself if you know the location and amp rating, but as you say your not confident in messing then take it back to the dealer in the new year and they will have it sorted in a jiffy.

In the meantime just wipe the rear window with a clean rag before you set of on a journey. 

just to let you guys know my rear window demister is all working fine now. i took a drive out to my brother in the midlands after work and it was indeed a blown fuse. hopefully its happy motoring from now on.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links