Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Purchasing used is300h questions

Hi,

I have been looking at a couple of 300h's over the last few days and have a few questions.

The 63 plate have a rectangular shaped infotainment controller. I wasn't able to find Post code as a search option in the SAT nav. I've been told by a dealer that the 64 exec, he was trying to sell me did have post code as an option, in the images this had a circular controller? is this true?

Also when I look on the Lexus used car page a see a variety of BHP's agains the 2.5 IS300h's? are they all the same and it is just a system glitch? 

How does the spec of a 64 Exec compare to a 63 Lux.

Enjoyed the drive of the 63 lux, but as I've mentioned in a few other posts it seems a bit of a mismatch. It has FSport alloys, a nice exterior but the interior looks a bit tired, it has done 50K and I can see some of the leather wearing. Shame as it is loaded and at a great price. Get what you pay for though.

Local Lexus dealer has a 63 FSport with 7K on looks stunning but he want £22.5k for it.

Ideally I'm looking at spending between 15-20k.

Any advice appreciated.

Don't mind waiting for the right car, it is a lot of money at the end of the day.

Hi,

I have a 65 plate advance that has the standard satnav with rotary controller. It does do postcode entry. It's a picture of a post box and a separate menus from the address. In fact that is the best way to put addresses in as it did not know ikea in Warrington by address alone. It also has a reversing camera and heated/ventilated leather seats. There are a few on auto trader at the £20k mark if your budget will allow.

Don't know about the differences in bhp but don't think it will make much difference. They are all the same engine etc. May be some minor tweaks between model years that could affect the bhp by a bit but not anything to notice.

Good luck in your search. They are great cars.

Paul

20 hours ago, Hotperiperi said:

Hi,

I have been looking at a couple of 300h's over the last few days and have a few questions.

The 63 plate have a rectangular shaped infotainment controller. I wasn't able to find Post code as a search option in the SAT nav. I've been told by a dealer that the 64 exec, he was trying to sell me did have post code as an option, in the images this had a circular controller? is this true?

Also when I look on the Lexus used car page a see a variety of BHP's agains the 2.5 IS300h's? are they all the same and it is just a system glitch? 

How does the spec of a 64 Exec compare to a 63 Lux.

Enjoyed the drive of the 63 lux, but as I've mentioned in a few other posts it seems a bit of a mismatch. It has FSport alloys, a nice exterior but the interior looks a bit tired, it has done 50K and I can see some of the leather wearing. Shame as it is loaded and at a great price. Get what you pay for though.

Local Lexus dealer has a 63 FSport with 7K on looks stunning but he want £22.5k for it.

Ideally I'm looking at spending between 15-20k.

Any advice appreciated.

Don't mind waiting for the right car, it is a lot of money at the end of the day.

Postcode entry is on the second page on both premium and business navigation

All IS300h's have  a combined 220hp. Some sites only list the engine output which is 178hp.

Exec doesnt have the premium nav so you miss out on 2 speakers which make a big difference, connected services and traffic info as well as reversing camera.

Id go for an F-Sport with more mileage on it TBH. It doesn't have to be local, buy it if you like the pictures, when it arrives inspect it, if you're not happy send it back

Rectangular infotainment controller is the touch pad for the premium, higher spec sat nav. Personally I find it much easier to use than the rotary controller.

The F-Sport comes with the rotary controller and No Nav as standard. The lower spec Nav also has the rotary controller. You would need to ask if the car has Nav installed. 

The standard Nav can be added.

You're right! - Premium nav is factory fit because of the reversing camera, additional speakers etc, but standard nav is dealer fit because it is a software only install.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:03 AM, tayaste said:

The F-Sport comes with the rotary controller and No Nav as standard. The lower spec Nav also has the rotary controller. You would need to ask if the car has Nav installed. 

The standard Nav can be added.

You can also fins some F-Sports that were ordered with Premium Nav as a factory extra.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

You can also fins some F-Sports that were ordered with Premium Nav as a factory extra.

That is true, but you don't get the rotary controller which is what Hotperiperi was asking.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links