Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, I've had my 2010 RX450SEI for just over a month now and unfortunately it coincided with a bad back not allowing me to get to know it other than through the user manuals. One thing is driving me wild are the rattles. The two worst are the rear seat and the hard plastic trim around the rear hatch.

Has anyone ever removed the hard plastic surround at the hatch window? I want to remove it to place felt around the seal, I'm certain that will help a lot.

I read on the US site about stuffing towels at the rear seat, presumably to muffle the creaking from the complex seat mechanism (Reclining and a 40 20 40 split). They talk about wedging in 3 bath towels, I can just about get 3 hand towels under the rear seat! Knowing Americans their bath towels will be the size of tents, what am I doing wrong!!!!

Any info most welcome.

Bought it from Glasgow Lexus and when i asked them to investigate they said they did what they could but it was a six year old car. My 2005 Lexus Sportcross never squeaked or rattled once until it was written off in 2014! This thing is like a 1970s Fiat. 

Thanks 

Ed

My RX is slightly younger than yours but not a rattle or squeak to be heard even over speed bumps so if it's an age thing I'd have assumed mine would have the odd one. I've been a member of the forum for about nine months now and can't remember anybody else mentioning rattles from the rear of an RX.  Is everything in the tyre well secure?  Also there are two storage? bins on either side of the boot just behind the wheel arch, is there anything loose in there.  I say storage because one is small and the other one is even smaller; it's full with a credit card in it (unless I'm missing a secret catch that opens it up to reveal a picnic hamper!)

Mine has just the one in the rear seat area. 

There used to be a hatch one but I realised it was just the cover on the actual tailgate from which the 2 clips had come off. I put the 2 clips back into position and that went.

I have the same problem, so maybe it is specific to the pre-facelift model. I mention it each and every time the car goes in for a service, but it has never been resolved. It is a real shame as the car is otherwise so quiet.

The only that I find helps is to move the seat forward slightly, rather than leave it in its rear-most position.

Mine is pre-face lift. I've been out and about today on city streets with poor surfaces and speed bumps and haven't heard a thing.  I wonder if it was ironed out in 2012 even for the pre-facelift cars like mine? 

Well, a slight update to the story. I was putting in our CT for it's MOT and Gary @ Glasgow Lexus couldn't have been more helpful. He asked how I was enjoying my new car, I relayed my woes about how it rattled like an 80s Fiat. He told me to book it in and he would have the Foreman accompany me to listen to the rattles. He said, bizarrely, that sometimes reconditioning the leather helps? Well, they do seem keen to keep me happy so will take him up on his offer. I have a fair percentage of the house's towel collection under the rear seats so my wife will be wondering for sure. She, of course, thinks it's all in my imagination......

I shall report back. Meanwhile, thanks for all the support, great forum as ever.

Ed

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links