Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon to be in the Lexus fold

chr15gb

I just traded my BMW 530D in for a Lexus IS250 SE-L.

I'm going to miss the 530D badly but with 160K miles and about a grands worth of niggles which needed sorting, it is time for it to go.
Exhaust Manifold cracked, this is the third one to fail. Glowplug controller failed for the second time. EGR is flaky, I have two but both struggle.
It's a very well built car, the performance and driving experience is simply astonishing, the thing pulls strongly from any speed and simply goes on accelerating until you bottle it.

For my last purchase, I wanted a big powerful diesel. as everything in that marque is compared to the 530D, I thought, Why not? and loved it. I was driving 25k miles a year mostly motorways.
These days I am only doing 8-9K miles so the 530D was not being driven properly so for this purchase, my requirements were to get away from the Diesel and go back to Petrol, and have a car with some toys.

It's a 2008 (58) with full Lexus service history, all MOT's passed without a single advisory. It's had new brakes (inc calipers) and a new Battery, that's it.
It feels quite pedestrian compared to the 530D but that is to be expected, I did have a GS300 in my sights which was the same price but I also fancied a smaller car as the big motors can be difficult to navigate tight car parks (half of the car parks in Bristol I wouldn't even go in as the corners are far too tight).

I'm struggling to work out what to do on it. I have seen a youtube guide for spark plugs and waterpump. I will probably do those in the summer.
I need to get my dashcam sorted out, power up to the rear view mirror but I'm sure I can find a guide on where to tap/run cables.

I pick up the Lexus in 5 days and looking forward to it.

medi1a.jpg

med4ia.jpg

med3ia.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome to the fold Chris massive number of brownie points for newbies- count myself in that number to have piccies in the first post.

Lovely looking car, speaking as a previous 530D/535D owner of years gone by.

You will in the long term be better off in a Lexus 😏

Theres a few of us on here who meet at RAF Kemble AV8 cafe in Gloucester every couple of months all are welcome

Big Rat

• Like 1

Hello and a warm welcome to the forum.  What a lovely looking car you have there. It's just like my previous is220d. 

I'm sure you will be delighted with your new lexus. Understandably coming from a 530d it's going to feel rather pedestrian but for me coming from a 220d it feels like a rocket.  😀

• Like 1

Hi Chris and welcome to the LOC. We are a friendly bunch so please don’t hold back asking questions big or small should you have any problems with your car. We always welcome ideas on how to overcome problems with our cars but as they are the finest cars in the universe they don’t go wrong that often.

We always love to see pictures of your cars.

Happy Lexus Motoring.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links