Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mid Wales Road trip

Here's the details of my weekend road trip, can't recommend it enough if you ever get the opportunity. 

Day one: First good road was the a470 from merthyr Tydfil to rhyadar via breacon, quite busy on a weekend but fast and great views as you go over the beacons.

I got a bit lost trying to find the elan valley but all the roads around there are awesome so it wasn't really a problem. Eventually found the route around the dams which is a great road in its own right, shame it was snowing so had to slow the pace a bit. 

Got to test the suspension travel in the bumpy car park there too! Then it was back on the a470 to Newtown and then to the excellent Checkers in Montgomery.  

2017-02-12 13.17.59.jpg

2017-02-12 13.18.27.jpg

2017-02-12 14.02.07.jpg

2017-02-12 14.01.49.jpg

2017-02-12 14.01.25.jpg

2017-02-12 13.59.45.jpg

2017-02-12 13.59.07.jpg

2017-02-12 13.19.50.jpg

2017-02-12 13.09.59.jpg

• Like 3

Brilliant pictures matey, even in that weather the scenery is just great.

Listen if you are negotiating that in this weather a summer in jock land will just be a walk in the park 😏

Big Rat

• Like 1

Day two: Nice easy route home, we got on the A483 close to the hotel and followed it all the way until joined the a470, which eventually goes past my house. It was definitely not boring though, the A483 around Llandrindod wells is probably the best road I've ever driven. Well sighted, open, good mix of straights and corners and very fast! 

I promised Mrs Crobar I'd keep the speed down a bit after flinging her around so much the previous day but i was still going pretty quick even short shifting and avoiding the 2nd intake zone 😊.

Day one took about 4 hours including 2 pit stops and getting lost, the trip back about 2 hours. Got through about  £50 of 99ron averaging 18mpg.

2017-02-12 13.12.56.jpg

2017-02-12 13.14.04.jpg

2017-02-12 13.16.12.jpg

2017-02-12 13.15.19.jpg

2017-02-12 13.16.57.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Warrington guy said:

Got to admit rusty roads are amazing. Always holiday down in Tenby , the drive from Newtown to Tenby I always looked forward to . Before my isf times tho . Would love to try it in the isf 

Overtaking is easy in the isf, helps with traffic 😎. Luckily my wife is fearless!

The Rusty and the Trusty Rusty wife providing the IS-F massive with a pictorial pleasure of the Welsh outback 😏

But Russ thought it was but much in the above post you revealing how you have been throwing your wife around to us all I know these weekends away can involve such malarkey but for the sensitive ears and ageing ticker of this poor old builder.......😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

The Rusty and the Trusty Rusty wife providing the IS-F massive with a pictorial pleasure of the Welsh outback 😏

But Russ thought it was but much in the above post you revealing how you have been throwing your wife around to us all I know these weekends away can involve such malarkey but for the sensitive ears and ageing ticker of this poor old builder.......😂😂😂

Why did I know you would pick up on that! One track mind, and I don't mean guiness or silver cars 😀

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark G said:

Great photos mate, looks like you really enjoyed it.

I did, sport mode, manual gears and mostly 3rd and 4th for the majority of the trip. Need to go back soon without the wife though and when the weather is better!

Here's how the car looked when I got back though...

20170212_124954.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links