Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

I have a IS200d (2010) model and quite often when i try to unlock the doors from outside/inside they just dont unlock apart from the drivers door, the rest remained locked. it becoming really annoying does anyone know what could be causing this?

6 minutes ago, jayt13 said:

Hi All,

I have a IS200d (2010) model and quite often when i try to unlock the doors from outside/inside they just dont unlock apart from the drivers door, the rest remained locked. it becoming really annoying does anyone know what could be causing this?

Do you have 2 fobs if so try the other one. As a rule its in the settings, failing that double click the button that should work.

1 hour ago, jayt13 said:

that's not the issue you can tell its trying to unlock but its as if its getting jammed somewhere

Have you tried actually customising the door lock settings and then going from there rather than presuming there's something wrong with it?

Customise the settings, make sure its set to all 4 doors open upon unlocking and go from there

it's an Intermittent fault. cant see how that will be the customise the setting considering ive had the cover nearly 3 years ago and only been happening over the 6 months

30 minutes ago, jayt13 said:

it's an Intermittent fault. cant see how that will be the customise the setting considering ive had the cover nearly 3 years ago and only been happening over the 6 months

I think the customisation is done through the sat nav screen so its still possible. Give it a try and then go from there. Seems very unlikely for just the driver side to open without any others. 

If there was a fault in the system id expect either the driver and 1 other door to open or something like that.

9 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I think the customisation is done through the sat nav screen so its still possible. Give it a try and then go from there. Seems very unlikely for just the driver side to open without any others. 

If there was a fault in the system id expect either the driver and 1 other door to open or something like that.

Once inside the car are you able to unlock the rest of the doors? Are the switches on the door skins on lock or open? A little lever on door as you open.

What do you on door skin ?

if All doors unlocked and  when I go over 20mph doors lock itself if i press the unlock button (on the drivers door)  sometimes only the drivers door opens but then my passengers cant open the doors unless they pull door lock switch to open. but I can lock the doors fine.

But at the same time if i was to come back to the car and try to unlock the car using the smart entry from either passenger or divers door it will some time only unlock the drivers door. I very rarely use the keyfob but it does samething when i have tested it

Please please please take note of the advice given above, check all the easy fixes mentioned first i.e the door and security settings that are found in the users manual.

No one can diagnose the issue with your car via a car forum, we can only point you in a direction where you can help yourself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links