Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Martial Artists

Fargo

anyone have any bad debts they need collecting.. looks like we have our very own LOC hitsquad,,

we have a wide range of arts, we got

Kung Fu - wing chun, shaolin, longfist, 5 animals

JKD

Karate

Judo

Ju-jitsu

Ninjitsu

TKD

Boxing

Groundfighting

Kickboxing

not forgetting

origami

Ludo

Coach Potatoe

Kno-kan-do

Fargo>> I've been training for the last couple of weeks ready to start going to Wing Chun. Where do you go because its not a huge martial art like kung fu. How much are the classes you go to?

Do you need to be super fit before you start? Im heavily working out preparing myself before I go because I don't really want to go down there like a weener and be outa breath, know what I mean bruv?

Cheers for keeping me posted on your views !

Fargo>> I've been training for the last couple of weeks ready to start going to Wing Chun. Where do you go because its not a huge martial art like kung fu. How much are the classes you go to?

Do you need to be super fit before you start? Im heavily working out preparing myself before I go because I don't really want to go down there like a weener and be outa breath, know what I mean bruv?

Cheers for keeping me posted on your views !

Well Mr 2ard, i train with the Kamon federation, they do have a class over in beckenham is that near you,

No you dont have to be super fit before you start,, its all a gradual thing, never try and keep up with the rest of the people in class, as they have been doing it longer than you and so will already be at an advantage to your self.. just do what you can, hell its better to do 5 proper pushups than 10 half assed ones dont you agree. and you will benifit from doing them properly aswell.

i pay 40 a month at that covers you to go to as may other classes during the week as you want, curreently i can get to 4 classes in my locality.

anyway have a look at the kamon web link above and see what you think, Master Chan who runs the show is damn good, also madame tusauds used him as the mould for the bruce lee model. he was also featured in Kate Krays 'hard bastards' representing the martial arts..

any questions feel free to pm or post..

well im one under the brown, been doing wing chun for 3 years. learnt the wooded dummy form aswell,, and previously i was doing lau gar kung fu for 2.5 years and got half way on the belts.. also have dabled in various tournements gaining a few trophys on the way..

no i dont teach, only offer my learn'ed view. are you interested mr Scorp's theres a class in Horsham..

Only about 1yr, Though it did help a lot. My other types of kung-Fu are all jumping around looking pretty :P , Wing Chun is (in a way) quite basic, which is always good!! (you can't do nowt without a solid base)

I went to the classes around the Portsmouth area :ph34r:

yep,, when switching to wing chun fromlau gar, i saw the 'errors' of lau gar,all very long winded and very i, 2 with a technique i mean ther were 10 different arm and kick blocks to learn and approx 6 odd forms to learn., wing chun on the other hand is very simple and direct with simultanious striking and blocking, which works.

i just came back from the portsmouth school,, it was the green 2 pressure test..man that was tough.

The worste thing was having people who had been doing it for a month or two telling me whats what (you have to be open minded though!)...... Didn't like spending the first few months doing that arrow walk thingy, but later on I saw why it was needed :ph34r: Whyyyaaaa!!

anyone want debts collected i'll do it for a price?????haha :shruriken:

i'll tell u one thing that i believe, dnt matter how much martial arts you do unless you are in a situation first hand you will never understand or really get to grips with your chosen style.its too me like walking with your eyes open but not seeing anything. not saying its right to get into fights and its unfortunate if u do but at same time you learn from it, takes bigger man to walk away though.

oh plus you ever seen ultimate fighting, martial artists never ever stand a chance against street fighters especially them brazillian geezers. unless its bruce lee he the ultimate fighter!!

Started Shotokan (karate) in 1981 received 1st dan (shodan) in 1988 was out for approx 1 year in between this due to a bad accident..Not had a gee (karate suit) on now for near 3 years juct training at home to keep my hand in ..class starts before I get home from work. :ph34r:

The worste thing was having people who had been doing it for a month or two telling me whats what (you have to be open minded though!)...... Didn't like spending the first few months doing that arrow walk thingy, but later on I saw why it was needed :ph34r: Whyyyaaaa!!

i know what you mean whitie, but you know you gota start somewhere and you gota take in as much info from what ever source presents itself and then make you own decision on the technique,

As for mitch,, totally agree. sort of. i agree that it sont matter what art you do or for how long,, if you dont train any 'real' situations then you run the risk of freezing up when you need it most. that why you train to build muscle memory so you can instictivly react. certainly in my wing chun federation we train do lot of one on one 'feeding' techniques, where anything goes so your not doing the old "here comes a punch to you left side of your head" "then you do this technique", its all your partener will go for you anyhow, you defend, end of.

also hopefully the arts will help you to keep a level head and not get lost in the veil of anger or freeze up.

also i dont care what art or for how long you train, when the shiete hits the fan, all your techniques go out the window. cept for a few basic 'instictive' things your have been drilling in..

fine example of this would be the time my sifu, master chan was offered out by a 6th dan karate block saying oh karate will wipe your asse etc etc.. my sifu kept refusing to stoop tp his level time and time again, until one day in a quiet car park he said ok lets go..

now imagine the time and effort this 6th dan karate bloke has put in to his art, all the techniques he knows, all the experiance blah blah.. now what does he do.. goes in for a rugby tackle round sifu waist...derrrr.

neadless to say my sifu simply based off, let him come , and drove his elbow into his back, as he released, he gave him a couple of chain punches (wing chuns bread and butter technique) and it was good night mr 6th dan man..

I def wouldn't want to mess with Kevin Chan, even if I had a weapon, his speed and power is amazing! Good on him to!

Kamon is the same as my School. Its not worth doing: everyone get a partner and block a left jab then front kick. (not saying thaty its totaly worthless though!)

Sparring and feeding techniques is what you need to do to help fight someone off.

Cuz remember at the end of the day if your forced into fighting you want to get them off you and get out of there. For all you know his/her 20 odd mates could be walking up right behind you.

On the other hand your less likely to be needed to use your techniques in todays world. Martial arts has many other aspects than just "I want to be able to kick the c#@p out of someone".

My styles of kung-fu allow me to opt out of sparring and pratice weapon drills, sets (Kata's) or spend an hour on Stretching. (I keep my kickboxing for beating people up! :P )

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links