Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2 more potential LS430’s

6 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

I may have given the op another idea. 

Well, theres much around, so heres an option with an LS400 engine,  2002 Toyota Crown £1,050.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-toyota-crown-athlete-V-turbo-manual-1jzgte-r154-drift-toy-VIP-LSD-sunroof/282784313290?hash=item41d7422fca:g:oE8AAOSwxzdaAA59

10 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Sorry about going off topic.

Well not much around & up for sale, so, heres a Crown option, £1,050.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-toyota-crown-athlete-V-turbo-manual-1jzgte-r154-drift-toy-VIP-LSD-sunroof/282784313290?hash=item41d7422fca:g:oE8AAOSwxzdaAA59

14 minutes ago, Chasdad said:

Sorry about going off topic. Never know I thought I may have given the op another idea. 

I'l shut up then

Have you ever known a subject NOT to go off topic!  Me neither.

51 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

It’s gone slightly off what I started it with lol!!! I’m going to look at a 1998 Cadillac Seville STS for my nephew today, it’s got the North Star 4.6 V8. 

Get a compression check done as those engines have a history of head gasket issues. GM learned a lot from Toyota's 1UZ but not quite enough...

I’m hoping to go and look at Phil’s LS430 very soon, it looks really good!!! I am still open to mk4 LS400s though.

Ive heard about the North Star head gasket issues, my nephew really likes it but he prefers me to give cars the once over, it’s a well looked after example and according to the garage who’ve serviced it since 1998 there’s been no head gasket or other major issues, I’ll see when I get there anyway!!! Wish us luck!!!

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

It would appear the seller has missed a zero off  the asking price, had it been a buy it now I would have clicked to buy at £1050.00 and had some fun.

Those 1JZ (straight six) VVTi turbo Crowns and Chasers go for good money as a lot of the drift and VIP/lowering scene guys love them. They have an excellent engine; relatively fuel efficient and peak torque at 2400 rpm makes it feel like a much bigger block.

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

It would appear the seller has missed a zero off  the asking price

Ahhhh, & I fell for that ol'e trap....>>You know what I am pretty sure there is something >in law< which says they must sell at advertised price!

Just because they have put a price tag of £1050 up when they mean £10500  doesn't mean they have to accept it. (In law its known as "an offer to treat")  If that sort of thing happens with a huge company, not for a difference of £10,500 they would negotiate for the sake of customer relations.

My nephew bought the Cadillac STS last Saturday, really nice car and he’s really pleased with it, no sign of any head gasket issues but we’ll keep an eye on everything. The best bit is the engine and the sound it makes, you’ll never get tired of that sound!!!

I’m going on a 5 hour train ride to Phils on Wednesday to see his LS430 which I’m 99.9% certain I’ll be buying. It looks like an absolutely superb example and I can’t wait until Wednesday and to get back into Lexus ownership.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mrdoofa said:

My nephew bought the Cadillac STS last Saturday, really nice car and he’s really pleased with it, no sign of any head gasket issues but we’ll keep an eye on everything. The best bit is the engine and the sound it makes, you’ll never get tired of that sound!!!

I’m going on a 5 hour train ride to Phils on Wednesday to see his LS430 which I’m 99.9% certain I’ll be buying. It looks like an absolutely superb example and I can’t wait until Wednesday and to get back into Lexus ownership.

Martin, I've made a special appointment for you to see my doctor on Wednesday.  If you decide the car is not for you he said he'll examine your head for you!  Look forward to meeting you.