Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm looking at an 07 ls 460. I test drove one today and was well impressed. The features and build quality are top notch, comparing to previous s6 and A7 it's better than both. Only negatives I could see were, the wheels need to be refurbished, rear bumper scuffed up and could do with a respray. The rear boot lod didn't auto open, should it? Also the boot carpet mat plastic handle was broken. 70k miles with full services history. Interior looks brand new. 

Is there anything essential I should check for common to this model? From what I have found the control arms can be a problem, like most heavy cars. Any issues with the air suspension or known engine/electrical  issues? 

Thanks for looking

Hi Dan, welcome to the LOC.

Great choice of model, had mine for 4 years and had no problems, 20 mpg average. There was a valve spring recall but that was about 6 years ago, the work was free of charge so it was probably done (easy to check). The boot was powered opening with an option to switch off, I think, I'm going back 5 years, have a look in the handbook. Wheel refurb in the UK about £250 - £300 the 4, not sure of the cost in Dublin The only recommendation I would make is to go for the SE-L model, many more features than an SE. As we all know, service history is a must. Good luck in your search.   Graham.

24 minutes ago, graham8370 said:

Hi Dan, welcome to the LOC.

Great choice of model, had mine for 4 years and had no problems, 20 mpg average. There was a valve spring recall but that was about 6 years ago, the work was free of charge so it was probably done (easy to check). The boot was powered opening with an option to switch off, I think, I'm going back 5 years, have a look in the handbook. Wheel refurb in the UK about £250 - £300 the 4, not sure of the cost in Dublin The only recommendation I would make is to go for the SE-L model, many more features than an SE. As we all know, service history is a must. Good luck in your search.   Graham.

Thanks for the reply Graham, how do I know if it's an SE-L model. They are not that common over here, due to tax being 1800 per year! There is about 3 or 4 for sale currently and all just advertised as ls 460

Edit: ah I guess the Se-L being the longer wheel base version, ghat has the rear reclining seats etc? 

SE-L wheels were 5 spoke, 19''. SE were 9 spoke 18''. I've had a look at the cars for sale in Dublin and all but 1 have the 19'' wheels. None of them have the pre-collision system which was a feature of the SE-L in the UK. I think you'll have to do a bit of ''Googling'' to find which options were fitted to the ROI versions.

They all look quite nice. No cambelt on the 460's, they use a chain so no worries there. Buy the best one you can afford, you won't be disappointed.

This is the one I looked at today, wheels were 19 inch. I know the Irish market always gets slightly lower spec cars compared to UK so I'm sure there is differences. I have one or two more to look at so I'll try compare. I'll have to find the spec list it has. Is there a code system like with the Audi's for each option a car has? 

MVIMG_20180512_132919.jpg

That is a lovely looking car and I've also been looking at the 460SE-L recently in the UK.

Would it not make sense (looking at the price advertised on the screen EUR20k) to take a trip to the UK?

The prices vary enormously here between traders and a few private sales but some are very competitively priced with FLSH.

• Haha 1

that might be euros 9950 with the dark under the curve of the price card !

many big road tax ROI cars are I understand a lot cheaper than in the UK

Malc

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Malc said:

that might be euros 9950 with the dark under the curve of the price card !

many big road tax ROI cars are I understand a lot cheaper than in the UK

Malc

Yes that is in euro's and i got him down to 8.7k euros for a cash sale since the wheels need a refurbish. 😎 Trying to negotiate a trade in of my current Ford Focus ST. 

I need to do the man math's and see if its a good purchase for me at the moment. So it might be a lot of car for not much money!

1 hour ago, Malc said:

but at 1800 euros annual road tax, wow, that's a BIG price to pay

Malc

Yes it is, if i want a car with cheap road tax it would need to be a 2.0 TDI eco diesel, no thanks!

Considering my current little Ford Focus ST is 1300 euro per year tax 1800 doesnt seem so bad for the Lexus luxo barge! even the ls600 would be 1200 euro tax, Its such a rip off tax system over here! 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links