Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pet hate on my GSF

4 hours ago, Fat Boy said:

Just found my 1st pet hate on my GSF 

the fuel tank is just too small 

60 pound# to fill up and only gets me 250 mile 

My is250 has a bigger tank 

If I was driving an F as a daily, it might bug me - but as a weekend / dry weather car, really not an issue.

£60? What petrol station you using - sounds very cheap!

66 litre tank on the GS-F and RC-F. IS-F 64 litres.

It just to small for a car like this 

the euro trips ,I’ll be stopping at every station 

going to look into the standard Gs tank , sure it bigger 

not really worried how much it uses, 

Was used to 375 or more before filling up 

If you are only returning 17mpg on a run then you are either sat at over 100 mph or something is wrong with the car, a 14.5 gallon tank should give you around 350 mile range even if you are only returning 25 mpg.

Surely one needs a break every 300 miles at the very minimum anyway?

My car shows an average of 26mpg if I leave it a long time. 360 miles range. But really it's 300 allowing for variation and wanting to fill up before fumes.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Surely one needs a break every 300 miles at the very minimum anyway?

My car shows an average of 26mpg if I leave it a long time. 360 miles range. But really it's 300 allowing for variation and wanting to fill up before fumes.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Yeh - I agree with you Sean.

I've done just over 500 miles non stop - once. Never again. 300 is plenty (for me).

• Haha 1

My usual weekly commute involves 15 miles a day 4 days a week and I average 23 mpg on that (280 to a tank).

I recently did a long run and was impressed to get 30mpg sat on the motorway on cruise and got pretty close to 400 out the tank. I agree with Mark not sure how you are getting such poor mpg on a run.

Also never managed to get more than 55 litres in the tank when I fill up even when I have been on 0 miles on the trip.

The tank is a little small, an 80litre tank would have been more appropriate imo.

Reminds me of when, a few years ago now, I changed from a 2.0TDCi Mondeo to a 3.0 V6 ST220 Mondeo. The diesel car had a range of about 750-800 miles on a tank, and I used to fill up when there was about 1/4 remaining. The petrol one only ever showed a range of around 200 miles when it had just been filled - range anxiety kicked in when I’d not even left the petrol station forecourt! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links