Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Windscreen Replacement

i don't think there is a difference between SE and Sport windscreens - they're both heated (I think it's just the S that isn't)

i would not recommend lexus do it - they are cheaper and crack easily

my last replacement was done by Autoglass (£552 last June, but my insurance coughed up for it :) ) and has been fine (touch wood)

Yep Autoglass replaced two for me on the last car(both took out by passing trucks), but they still got the screen through Lexus Aberdeen.

I had to go to Autoglass as they were approved by my insurance, they did a very good job.

• 3 weeks later...

I started this thread back on the 20/5/02, AutoGlass came to fit new screen on 22/5/02 but it was the wrong type, different mirror mounting. So they took my chassis number and ordered another, came on 30/5/02. Guess what, wrong type again same fault. Ordered another, came today 11/6/02, wrong again. Different problem, right mirror mounting but no window to view VIN number. Just spoke to AutoGlass, they say only 2 options available, has anybody else had these problems with a replacement windscreen?

i wish i'd not said anything - now i've got guilt :(

i really did have no problems when they did mine, just gave them chassis number and they came out with the right one the day after

have the windscreen designs been changed or something?

[Edited on 11-6-2002 by rob200]

Originally posted by JOHNNY-BOY

I started this thread back on the 20/5/02, AutoGlass came to fit new screen on 22/5/02 but it was the wrong type, different mirror mounting. So they took my chassis number and ordered another, came on 30/5/02. Guess what, wrong type again same fault. Ordered another, came today 11/6/02, wrong again. Different problem, right mirror mounting but no window to view VIN number. Just spoke to AutoGlass, they say only 2 options available, has anybody else had these problems with a replacement windscreen?

Johhny give me your chassis number and I'll check what part number the windscreen should be or how many types there are

AutoGlass rang me today, to inform me that Toyota have told them there are only two type of windscreen for the IS and both of these have turned out to be incorrect. I then gave them the part number Chris got for me, they said they would call Toyota. Got a call back saying that is for the new model, I said what the 2002 model? That mine is and I told you 3 weeks ago! They said my car must have been assembled during the model change, so a new windscreen is on order will be here in about 2 days. I'll keep you posted.

I noticed 3 or 4 very small chips (about 2 or 3 mm and quite deep) on my windscreen. I've NEVER seen chips like them before. Sure, I've seen the real big ones when you know somethings hit, but I didn't think screens would mark like this. It's as if the glass isn't laminated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links