Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rcf Sales and No Sales

The Solar flair Rcf Carbon is still on sale at Lexus Chester who have still have no pictures of it on their site so here’s one......

218B6710-4569-441D-80A0-1B20906C5479.jpeg.268d76827e99cd7d40f021f648b73bf7.jpeg

And the Grey Carbon featured on here bought from the same dealership a few months ago was put on sale by the owner on autotrader and eBay, this  failed to sell and I’ve been told this morning that Lexus Chester have now bought it back.......

DA9FB753-8B3F-4CDB-971C-7C25657C5882.jpeg.001a180d751e325a2dc2a2bce62286ab.jpeg

And shortly to come on sale at Lexus Swindon is a Grey Rcf don’t have much information about it at the moment other than it’s a 15 Plate car with a little over 31k miles and is going to be priced about the £31k mark.

So it’s swings and roundabouts at the moment and how about this one went through the BCA auction at Enfield 2 days ago a white ‘wanna be ‘  Rcf Carbon no less........

7B2DD365-3858-4843-A7A4-FD643C4B69B3.thumb.png.bd87f738b0cedd2154329de162335b46.png7B2DD365-3858-4843-A7A4-FD643C4B69B3.thumb.png.bd87f738b0cedd2154329de162335b46.png

I do have the original reg number for this car and happen to know that mechanically it is been fully Lexus maintained on time..... the body work is another matter.......

Or how about a brand new one at Lexus Gatwick......

8DC1CB07-39E9-4B8F-A39B-CF86EC82BFCE.thumb.jpeg.f139d93eda6ce603fa2fc74b35158ee6.jpeg

So it seems there is a fair bit going on in the Rcf world 

Big Rat

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of those new wheels I much prefer the older style. although some of the Vossen wheels with the slightly angled spoke look very nice.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@B1 RMA Couldn’t agree more about the wheels, make a great 2nd set for easy clean winter duties.... but at £1500.00 or thereabouts each nooooo

Big Rat

I like these and think they would suit the RCF

VPS-305T-C33-Gloss-Silver-2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@B1 RMA Yes there are some great aftermarket alternatives out there, I stick with OEM for now but with my own personal changes....

5405DB09-7118-48EC-A830-600DBEF2542F.thumb.jpeg.a41876d6f6873813ea3c7e26ca11e2e8.jpeg

Big Rat

Nice one have you painted the callipers yourself, I like that colour as the standard black ones are hidden and they are really nice big meaty callipers that deserve highlighting.

• Like 1

@B1 RMA No mate they are brand new Gsf callipers/pads/discs last month all round had a calliper issue whilst Lexus had the car for calliper refurb and replaced everything for me at the there cost and gave me the choice of OEM RCF Black or GSF Orange they are exactly the same part number its only the paint code that differs..... love it 😊 

67E73E37-2933-4DAA-BF35-A97465920D29.thumb.jpeg.8a3c5bd9ca46706321609cf14ebb36c8.jpeg69F80977-B564-4F94-92F4-E4240F681C26.thumb.jpeg.8ed01a56e59a5c2ac41facf88cfb1ef2.jpeg

Couple more pics of the offside

Big Rat

• Like 3

@B1 RMA Many of us on here use Lexus Cheltenham for servicing and so on, with The experience I have of them if I lived in Scotland I’d still go there..... other good Lexus dealers are also available 😉

Big Rat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@B1 RMA Couldn’t agree more about the wheels, make a great 2nd set for easy clean winter duties.... but at £1500.00 or thereabouts each nooooo

Big Rat

Awful

In fact the best one is the grey one that didn't sell! Which is surprising really as the seller seemed highly confident it was great value.

40 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@B1 RMA No mate they are brand new Gsf callipers/pads/discs last month all round had a calliper issue whilst Lexus had the car for calliper refurb and replaced everything for me at the there cost and gave me the choice of OEM RCF Black or GSF Orange they are exactly the same part number its only the paint code that differs..... love it 😊 

Orange is the new black. 

4 minutes ago, Comedian said:

Orange is the new black. 

@Comedian I was always curious as to why both cars never received the Orange treatment from new, would have been the right decision IMO having regard the sporting pretensions of both cars

Big  Rat

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

Big Rat

Or just spares 🙂

Interestingly I am monitoring RC-F prices as well. RC-F seems to be picking up the pace with trade-ins after summer, but prices not as good as they were early this year or even early last year. in 2017 one could get nearly new (under 10k miles) RC-F for £32k, early this year we had prices hitting £28k, but on much higher miles cars. Now it seems even higher miles cars are still in range of £33k. Hoping for them to drop significantly by the end of the year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Or just spares 🙂

Interestingly I am monitoring RC-F prices as well. RC-F seems to be picking up the pace with trade-ins after summer, but prices not as good as they were early this year or even early last year. in 2017 one could get nearly new (under 10k miles) RC-F for £32k, early this year we had prices hitting £28k, but on much higher miles cars. Now it seems even higher miles cars are still in range of £33k. Hoping for them to drop significantly by the end of the year.

That's interesting as I didn't have a chance to monitor prices prior to buying mine, although I did make a few lower offers on cars just to test the water which thankfully weren't accepted as I had time to discover AVS.

The problem is though with low number cars, getting one with the exact spec and colour you want is a nightmare. My last car a CL65 AMG had only 23 examples in the UK. I wanted silver and really didn't want the light coloured wood steering wheel and trim. Eventually one came up with black ash trim and a leather wheel so I phoned but was told the car was reserved by a relative of a famous pop star who had recently died. I left my number and got a call back to say he had failed to get accepted for a loan as a bridge to his share of the wealth, the dealer wasn't prepared to wait so I jumped I even managed to get £1500 knocked off. I now know there were a few people after the car but having the cash burning a whole in my pocket was all the motivation I needed to pounce straight away.

I wanted an RCF in red and wanted TVD so I guess I was lucky to find one exactly as I wanted

• Like 1

How did you find the CL? It’s a scratch I’ve wanted to itch ever since it came out...I’ve test driven a few and decided on the perfect car was going to be a post facelift CL600 (I have a bit of an irrational dislike of AMG and my logic is if you’re going to spend that much on petrol - you may as well make it a v12!!!) , but they are even more rare than the CL65 I think...

i’d be really interested to know what living with it was like?

@tomRCFcarbon If a V12 Merc floats your boat, one is owned by ‘Steve ‘ can’t remember his surname anyway really nice bloke he owns ‘Artic Trucks’ the big wheeled Toyota Tonka toy type things that they used on that artic episode of Top Gear.

Hes in the process of having an F1 exhaust fitted to it oh my oh my I’ve never heard anything like it...... put the headphones on and be prepared.......

Big Rat

No there are loads of CL 600's on the market, the CL65 is the very rare one. I tried a CL 600 and really liked it. I then wondered what the all singing all dancing AMG version would be like, I tried one and bought it straight away.

The CL 600 has that horrid wooden steering wheel which if you're lucky may be in back ash but on the whole they come with light coloured wood, I never understood why they do this.

I really liked my Cl65 with well over 600 bhp and about 800lb torque available at about 1200 it was to say the least a rocket ship. I averaged 18 mpg over the year I had it. Servicing costs can make a grown man cry. Most were about £800 then there was the C service at just under £3K. The warranty cost £1500 a year so not for those on a budget. It was a great experience and like all petrolheads you've got to own a V12 at sometime in your life.

Yes, Lexus Chester are really struggling to sell the Orange RCF. They’ve had zero enquiries. Salesman even said that RCFs are *******! 🤣

Hardly surprising they’ve had no interest in it. It doesn’t look great in the flesh and has a few scratches.. 

The salesman said they’ve  had it less than a week, but we all know that is not true! Proving hard to shift - bewildering sales tactics surely don’t help!!!

Edit: I’ll just add, I have no connection  or allegiance with Lexus Chester or any other dealer.

18 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Yes, Lexus Chester are really struggling to sell the Orange RCF. They’ve had zero enquiries. Salesman even said that RCFs are *******! 🤣

Hardly surprising they’ve had no interest in it. It doesn’t look great in the flesh and has a few scratches.. 

The salesman said they’ve  had it less than a week, but we all know that is not true! Proving hard to shift - bewildering sales tactics surely don’t help!!!

Edit: I’ll just add, I have no connection  or allegiance with Lexus Chester or any other dealer.

Do you think it's because the RCF is a car outside most Lexus dealers comfort zone? I think the majority of the public view Lexus as a luxury brand on the whole, whereas BMW and Mercedes have dedicated M and AMG divisions. So maybe that's where they fall down.

@B1RMA it was this model I was talking about:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809270919436

you’re right - there are loads of 600’s, but the post facelift are like hens teeth...thought they would be expensive to run, but £3k for a service?!

@Big Rat that exhaust note though!

10 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

@B1RMA it was this model I was talking about:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809270919436

you’re right - there are loads of 600’s, but the post facelift are like hens teeth...thought they would be expensive to run, but £3k for a service?!

@Big Rat that exhaust note though!

That's actually a nice one, I wouldn't touch one without a full service history but this seems to have it plus Tier 1. A bit of poetic licence about the numbers though. I'll do a check with how many left. The CL600 is a very nice comfortable cruiser the AMG version has just over 100 BHP more and fairly extensive work done to the running gear. They sound a bit quiet actually it's the CL63's that are really raucous. It will still require a C service at some time and would probably be £2K+ a CL65 AMG of the same era would be double the price of that. In fact one was for sale a while ago and sold in 2 hours.

What he meant was only 4 registered that year there are over 100 of them, although pretty rare still.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links