NothernDan

VLand ISF IS250 IS350 LED rear lights group buy

Recommended Posts

Saw the headlights demo on youtube. Thought those who were interested would like to see how it worked.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look great. Would really bring the car bang up to date. I never liked the later dlr lights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the fronts are compatible with AFS put me down for a set of the fronts, I already have the rears (smoked) but not fitted yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick update. Car sailed through the MOT yesterday, so I’m guessing the rear lights and smoked LED bumper reflectors weren’t an issue. Just thought I’d share for anyone who was concerned before buying the rear lights from a legality perspective. Obviously every tester/garage will have their own views on modifications, but I’d be surprised if anyone fails on these.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2018 at 10:51 AM, juicestop said:

If the fronts are compatible with AFS put me down for a set of the fronts, I already have the rears (smoked) but not fitted yet.

That’s a solid point, I’d be surprised if they have the tech to cover AFS as I know most US models were sold without it.... The fix most guys use States side is to remove or black out the AFS light in the cluster. 

Worth asking your guy Dan, as could be an issue for some folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gents. If AFS is the folllow you round corners headlight guidance then it’s a no ☹️

On a side note, new price arranged. The rear lights for the two that want them are £200 a set delivered, delivery is from the U.K. as far as I know.

We do need to get to 10 sets of rears to get a discount on them and it should be this side of Xmas or soon into the new year. With 10 sets the guy can do them for £327 plus shipping and taxes inbound from China so will be cheaper if we get them as a 10 and split the shipping and taxes. I can get an estimate of this once we get to 10 sets.

We are at circa  5 sets now so spread the word!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Gents. If AFS is the folllow you round corners headlight guidance then it’s a no ☹️

On a side note, new price arranged. The rear lights for the two that want them are £200 a set delivered, delivery is from the U.K. as far as I know.

We do need to get to 10 sets of rears to get a discount on them and it should be this side of Xmas or soon into the new year. With 10 sets the guy can do them for £327 plus shipping and taxes inbound from China so will be cheaper if we get them as a 10 and split the shipping and taxes. I can get an estimate of this once we get to 10 sets.

We are at circa  5 sets now so spread the word!!

Hey Dan,

Take it you mean we need 10 sets of headlights not rears? Or am I getting confused?! Lol.

I'm game for a set as and when you are ready to place the order mate. Will be a nice early Xmas present to myself! :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said, so long as we can get the fronts, I'll have the rears. I wouldn't just do the rear lights on their own though. 

I'd have the normal red rears.

Any real life pics of the fronts on a car yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, d3ron said:

As I said, so long as we can get the fronts, I'll have the rears. I wouldn't just do the rear lights on their own though. 

I'd have the normal red rears.

Any real life pics of the fronts on a car yet?

Hey, only seen them on the show car you see towards the end of the demo video.

Don't believe anyone is running them on a normal daily driver just yet, as they are due for release in a couple of weeks I believe.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Peter P18 said:

Hey, only seen them on the show car you see towards the end of the demo video.

Don't believe anyone is running them on a normal daily driver just yet, as they are due for release in a couple of weeks I believe.....

Will be good to see them in use. They will definitely modernise the car a lot. 

Here's one with DRL on and indicator. Looks a bit hard to see the indicator in that scenario.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's odd, this video from the US forum shows the indicators a lot clearer? :g:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

Hey Dan,

Take it you mean we need 10 sets of headlights not rears? Or am I getting confused?! Lol.

I'm game for a set as and when you are ready to place the order mate. Will be a nice early Xmas present to myself! :laughing:

Hey Pete, so, we need 10 sets of fronts to get the discount, the rears are stand alone at a slight discount.

So we need 5 more takers for the fronts (or is that 4?). Spread the word on any other forums and flood etc

Dan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan, without wanting to step on toes, another group buy I have seen are offering $420 (£328) including shipping worldwide, might be worth pushing back on them for this?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NothernDan said:

Hey Pete, so, we need 10 sets of fronts to get the discount, the rears are stand alone at a slight discount.

So we need 5 more takers for the fronts (or is that 4?). Spread the word on any other forums and flood etc

Dan.

Dan, Is your man the guy selling on ebay from Walsall? That guy has his rears at near on same price (£202 for 2 pairs) or your man is matching him perhaps ?    Seemingly on ebay they are in stock as item listed in UK (Walsall) with 1 week delivery.  Interestingly he also has buy 3 at £187 each and buy 4 at  £176 each and all have "Make Offer"  So maybe  if 4 people are interested we are onto an even better deal.  All that said I'm still in for a smoked set of rears with you and your man.

The fronts are not listed with him but all his other stock listed shipped from China is 2 - 3 weeks so still in time for Christmas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

Just a quick update. Car sailed through the MOT yesterday, so I’m guessing the rear lights and smoked LED bumper reflectors weren’t an issue. Just thought I’d share for anyone who was concerned before buying the rear lights from a legality perspective. Obviously every tester/garage will have their own views on modifications, but I’d be surprised if anyone fails on these.

Peter,

Always a relief when any car sails through an MOT so well done and thanks for the update.  I noticed your smoked bumper reflectors and thought how it finished off your rear end nicely (Ooo Errr). Have you wired them up as additional rear lights or just have them as reflectors not connected to anything.  In fact do they have any normal reflectivity at all if not powered up ?? 

With my black badging on white paint with smoked lights it could be just what I need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, gb1600e said:

Peter,

Always a relief when any car sails through an MOT so well done and thanks for the update.  I noticed your smoked bumper reflectors and thought how it finished off your rear end nicely (Ooo Errr). Have you wired them up as additional rear lights or just have them as reflectors not connected to anything.  In fact do they have any normal reflectivity at all if not powered up ?? 

With my black badging on white paint with smoked lights it could be just what I need.

Thanks.

They are wired up as additional brake lights and rear lights. If lights are off, and I brake, they illuminate along with the other 3 brake lights (5 in total). If you have lights on, they illuminate, but when you brake, they light up brighter as additional brake lights as well. 

Pretty sure they still reflect if they aren’t powered up, so if you drive up on the car parked up, they do reflect still.

They aren’t expensive (amazon) at under £20 a set, and wiring isn’t that difficult for a DIY, or you can ask a good ICE or alarm fitting company to do it for you. I’ve used connector blocks this time around as the LED’s do burn out after a while (had my first set a couple of years before they started to go out/play up). Will make wiring a new set much more straightforward.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

 

Pete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Peter P18 said:

That's odd, this video from the US forum shows the indicators a lot clearer? :g:

 

The difference seems to be the indicators look a lot clearer when the drl is off. 

Ideal scenario is drl goes off when indicating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Twellsie said:

Dan, without wanting to step on toes, another group buy I have seen are offering $420 (£328) including shipping worldwide, might be worth pushing back on them for this?

 

Why don’t we just use the other group buy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, gb1600e said:

Dan, Is your man the guy selling on ebay from Walsall? That guy has his rears at near on same price (£202 for 2 pairs) or your man is matching him perhaps ?    Seemingly on ebay they are in stock as item listed in UK (Walsall) with 1 week delivery.  Interestingly he also has buy 3 at £187 each and buy 4 at  £176 each and all have "Make Offer"  So maybe  if 4 people are interested we are onto an even better deal.  All that said I'm still in for a smoked set of rears with you and your man.

The fronts are not listed with him but all his other stock listed shipped from China is 2 - 3 weeks so still in time for Christmas.

Hey, that’s not my guy but he fulfilled my rear lights order on behalf of my guy in China. They all work together and will ship local stock if they can. This thread started out as a rear lights group buy but only two takers, hence the pricing.

Happy to support but as you can see,  on low numbers you don’t get much off. 

When you best offer that guy in Walsall the max you get is an extra £5 off per set, tried it before I bought mine from China but the China contact got the guy in Walsall to fulfil the order anyway!! They all work together if they can to save shipping and taxes but from what I can gather there will be no U.K. stock on the fronts for some time yet. China get them first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Why don’t we just use the other group buy?

that group buy is finished now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Twellsie said:

that group buy is finished now

Where was it mate? Can you ask whoever was running it who their contact was?

A finished group buy doesn’t give me much leverage with my guy ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NothernDan said:

Where was it mate? Can you ask whoever was running it who their contact was?

A finished group buy doesn’t give me much leverage with my guy ☹️

it was on the Lexus IS F owners page on FB, I have just messaged the guy who arranged it to find out who his contact is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Twellsie said:

it was on the Lexus IS F owners page on FB, I have just messaged the guy who arranged it to find out who his contact is

Nicely done hombre! Keep us posted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NothernDan said:

Nicely done hombre! Keep us posted!

right apparently it was just on FB messenger from the Vland FB page, no specific name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Twellsie said:

right apparently it was just on FB messenger from the Vland FB page, no specific name

Ok, who is on Facebook, I’m not 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.