Mincey

I'm Mincey and I'm back!

After nearly 12 extremely happy, exciting, reliable and fulfilling years with my trusty IS250 SE-L, "that" day finally came today. With a heavy heart, I traded her in for an IS300h F Sport at Lexus Leicester. I had the exact same "I have to have this car" feeling when I got into the F Sport as I did when I got into my IS250 all those years ago. I'll miss her. I'll miss the roar she makes when I push her loud pedal to the floor. I'll miss the smile which is always on my face when I lock her after we have been on a long journey together. She's been a faithful friend over the past 121,500 miles. We've had many adventures together. She's saved my life on more than one occasion. She was Vmaxed on the A1M after my wife had a serious accident at work and I needed to get to her in a hurry, and she didn't bat a headlamp washer. She has been victorious in many battles with German opposition over the years. She is probably the only IS to have transported an HP A0 plotter from Runcorn to Dewsbury. To friends and colleagues, she was known as "The Car With All The Buttons". 

I hope she's not scrapped but finds someone who'll enjoy her for a year or two more. She's barely run in.

Now the wait until Tuesday when I can collect the F Sport home begins.

• Like 4

Fantastic ! let us know how you like you new baby !!

Well done and congratulations on your new purchase,hopefully she will serve you just as well 👍

On 12/2/2019 at 10:42 PM, Zuke said:

Fantastic ! let us know how you like you new baby !!

Definitely - roll on Tuesday....

On 12/2/2019 at 11:19 PM, scudney said:

Well done and congratulations on your new purchase,hopefully she will serve you just as well 👍

I'm sure she will. I will be sad to see the old girl go though. A last hurrah in Sport mode down the A47 and some serious amber on the rev counter on the dualled bits will be a fitting send off I think.

Here's the new girl. Currently counting down the seconds until 1pm on Monday. She's coming home a day earlier now.

newcar.jpg

• Like 2