Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steve read and seen your useful Guide.

Can you tell me, will the panel holding the Bulb holders pull away from the Car when disconnected and the screws removed, to be able to clean the detritous from the plastic lens'?  Or will this involve removing the Light Clusters?

For my purposes I want to cut a hole dead centre for a Reversing Camera to fit central on the plastic plate rather than through the metal?  Obviously need room above the plate for the cable to run through and don't want to chance drilling if its a box with no access at that point.

Thanks

• Like 1

To answer my own Question. No its not possible to remove the plastic strip without loosening off the light clusters - etc, etc! 

Didn't bother, just used a plastic lever to get a glimse, and after drilling hole the size of the Camera, threaded the twin cable through one lead at a time the first being duct taped to a piece of net curtain line. Not the easiest thing to do. Putting back those number plate lights is a real p.i.t.a as so little room. I see that they do pull out rather than twist the whole thing out. Wish I'd done that as trying to get the things back in - is  a job for tomorrow as the hands have given up the ghost. When, and if the rest of the Reversing Camera gets fitted is difficutl to say. I give up easy these days.

• Like 1

Sorry Stuart I’ve only just seen your post, unfortunately as you mention most of the removal is done internally from within the boot lid, you probably discovered just as I did that removing the 2 external screws on the cover lens results in bugger all. The good news is that even at 20 odd years old most fixings still come out without shearing off. 😀

• Like 1

No problem Steve. Its a pity that the Number plate lens don't unscrew especally as the bulb housing screws into the metal.  Only way to clean is to go to the trouble of removing the complete length of plastic by way of loosening off the lamp clusters.  A poked in finger does push detritus to the side. Fitted the camera albeit that I need to cement it in position which is why there is a sticker on it marked "up". Scrabbled around and found what I think was a foot from some piece of furniture and adapted it. It completely covers the hole and the base of it being cut down allows me to put in some p38 filler to secure the position of the Camera once seen to be working.   All a bit of a fad, heath robinson etc, but thats my style of doing things! 

IMG_3176.JPG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links