Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello to to you all..... Can someone please tell me what type of Anti-Freeze to put in my LS4001995.... and to what level to bring the  protection down to .

Thanks......... Hope you are all safe from the Virus...     Cheers

Agreed.

Proper stuff is the Lexus pink pre-mixed coolant P/N 08889-80072 or there is a concentrated red version.

https://www.lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-lc/lexus-lc-2016-present/lexus-lc-engine-service-kits/lexus-super-long-life-pink-coolant-5l/

How much to add very much depends on what's in already, whether it's been topped up with water etc etc

OE from Lexus is one route.

Or Pink Long Life from someone like Eurocarparts. It lasts 5 years and is fine for UK weather demands. I buy ready diluted as it's good to go.

If you have to top up and colour matching is difficult...there is a Preston's add to any fluid. I see this as a short-term measure.

:driving: 

I would never, ever, use any fluid other than OEM.

These fluids have a complex chemical makeup that has been formulated to live happily with all the rubber seals and anything else in the system that might be damaged by different chemicals.

Maybe it doesn't even have to be different chemicals. Say one particular chemical has a 10% concentration in the OEM formula but 20% in some 'equivalent' - who knows what damage that may cause? I certainly wouldn't take the risk.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greer said:

Richard, that link leads to a Lexus site which states.......''Suitable for Lexus vehicles produced after 2004''

Doesn't really make any odds. Whether it's Long Life or Super Long Life they'll still mix but I believe the (older?) Long Life Red is only available as a concentrate.

The colours changed as the market shifted to revised formulas. 
Trying to identify what was in my son’s 2007 Merc and finding what would top up and replace was ridiculous...naturally manufacturers lean heavily on brand protection as far as they are legally able.

I prefer OE but the quality of good quality oils and fluids matches or exceeds OE and is often rebranded product. A local Lexus garage uses Shell Helix for eg. 

I check the specifications, naturally. Petrol formulas look as though will change again soon, here we may have little or no choice.

I don’t find Red coolant easy to find btw and it’s essentially at end of life. The Lexus handbook gives a steer on requirements...fairly basic so I’m confident on getting a non OE, suitable match.

• Like 1

The Lexus dealership in Glasgow gifted me a litre of Toyota premixed red anti freeze back in 2012 when they fitted the timing belt ,I still have the stuff unused and it is still available on eBay around £7 a litre. If that is what they were putting in then  it must be good for the LS400 range today. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links