Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 300h owner

On 12/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, Brechin Slate said:

I drove in Eco mode, combination of dual carriageways, a short motorway section, major A roads and local roads with fairly heavy traffic.  Didn't go above 80, cruised at 70 with ACC on. A few hilly sections stuck behind a lorry where I was down to 30.  I couldn't floor it as my wife was following me, no satnav in the is250. I'll have a few drives in Normal and Sport and see how it compares although I guess most members already know their numbers.

Certainly a fantastic looking car. Hope you enjoy it. Sounds like you are and will! 😀

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

You need to enrol with the Trump Finishing School to study Fakeism Falsehoods and Forgetfulness Paul !!  :):)

Fake news that John 😂

• Like 2

Couple of things on the learning curve 24 hours in.  I had a tyre pressure warning light this morning, they all looked ok so I popped down the local filling station to check the pressures.  A couple were at 34 psi instead of 36, that's a pretty sensitive sensor!  2nd gulp was my wife telling me that only one reversing light was working. The is250 has two but a quick bit of research showed me that the 300h looks like it has 2 but one is a fog light. Every day is a school day 🙂.  Ordered some Gtechniq C5 for the wheels and looking forward to a clear dry day to give it a wash and polish, I'll probably do a ceramic coat next spring.  A few stone chips need looking at and there's a touch up kit in the glove compartment.  Apart from that all good, I might be quiet for a couple of days, I'll be out driving..

1 hour ago, Brechin Slate said:

Couple of things on the learning curve 24 hours in.  I had a tyre pressure warning light this morning, they all looked ok so I popped down the local filling station to check the pressures.  A couple were at 34 psi instead of 36, that's a pretty sensitive sensor!  2nd gulp was my wife telling me that only one reversing light was working. The is250 has two but a quick bit of research showed me that the 300h looks like it has 2 but one is a fog light. Every day is a school day 🙂.  Ordered some Gtechniq C5 for the wheels and looking forward to a clear dry day to give it a wash and polish, I'll probably do a ceramic coat next spring.  A few stone chips need looking at and there's a touch up kit in the glove compartment.  Apart from that all good, I might be quiet for a couple of days, I'll be out driving..

The TPMS can be reset - it could have been reset previously based on different (wrong) tyres pressures. I would get a good pressure gauge (garage forecourts are notoriously inaccurate) and set the pressures on level ground with cold tyres to the recommended level and then do the TPMS reset (see manual - push button under dash below steering wheel - bit hard to find - a mirror or phone cam can help). As far as recall with mine the threshold is some 6 psi before it warns based on setting it all correct. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

The TPMS can be reset - it could have been reset previously based on different (wrong) tyres pressures. I would get a good pressure gauge (garage forecourts are notoriously inaccurate) and set the pressures on level ground with cold tyres to the recommended level and then do the TPMS reset (see manual - push button under dash below steering wheel - bit hard to find - a mirror or phone cam can help). As far as recall with mine the threshold is some 6 psi before it warns based on setting it all correct. 

Spot on advice this. Exactly what I do.

The TPMS system on these cars only measures and indicates a pressure loss from a defined point. Resetting the TPMS sets this defined point hence the need to accurately measure pressures, inflate as required and then re-measure and then set the TPMS to register this defined point as being exactly what the tyres should have in them.

Pressure does naturally drop in very cold weather so I always try to set mine with cold tyres on a day where the ambient temperature is above about 6 degrees. Equally, natural sunlight on a summer’s day will warm a tyre which will increase it’s pressure. Not uncommon to measure a 2-3 PSI difference from side to side on a hot day, the side exposed to the sun measuring higher. Then when the temperature drops both sides measure the same again. You get the same effect by driving - the constant rolling of the tyre against the road surface and braking and cornering warms up the carcass of the tyre which in turn raises the temperature of the air inside and therefore the pressure. Hence the importance of checking and setting pressures on cold tyres.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Spot on advice this. Exactly what I do.

Pressure does naturally drop in very cold weather so I always try to set mine with cold tyres on a day where the ambient temperature is above about 6 degrees.

Then when the temperature drops both sides measure the same again. You get the same effect by driving - the constant rolling of the tyre against the road surface and braking and cornering warms up the carcass of the tyre which in turn raises the temperature of the air inside and therefore the pressure. Hence the importance of checking and setting pressures on cold tyres.

That's a pretty good example of Charles's Law right there 👍

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 5:58 PM, mikejt said:

52.5 mpg, that's good, what speed do you drive to achieve that?

@Jayw13702 is the fuel consumption king here. I thought that getting 52ish mpg out of my IS300h on its first proper run was amazing. He came along and trumped this by some margin.

[mention=60933]Jayw13702[/mention] is the fuel consumption king here. I thought that getting 52ish mpg out of my IS300h on its first proper run was amazing. He came along and trumped this by some margin.

I drive like miss daisy, especially on a long run

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links