Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking of buying a VW/Audi electric car?

Spacewagon52

1 hour ago, westo3 said:

No. I could not even get an extended warranty as the car was over three years old 

Maybe you did visit the dealer before 10.00 hr in which case they have not arrived yet, or between 1200 and 1330 when there is lunch or after 1500 when they left for home?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

I didn't ask for one, they did mention it to start with

I don`t think they can fix it VAS,until VW Germany issues the replacement and fully tested software.

As I said previously it might not be this year, so if you need a replacement vehicle ask for one.... and tell them you want it to be a Lexus !!

Good luck and I hope that you will have a better 2021 carwise.

On 12/25/2020 at 1:06 PM, talaipwros said:

I didn't ask for one, they did mention it to start with

Out of curiosity how is your warranty on the ID3? I just found out to my astonishment that VW in The Netherlands is providing a 4 year warranty on all models but with exception of electric vehicles. It is is writing that all ID3 models produced in 2020 will have a 2 year warranty that also cannot be extended. Even replacement vehicles are not covered and will be at cost of buyer.  They clearly saw this one coming! How is the warranty in the UK?

What they are doing is deliberately pushing underdeveloped models in the market and let the customers be the Beta testers. If there are problems they quickly seem to close the door and leave you outside. I now see why the 2020 models are called first edition...

To me this is still thesame mentality that caused dieselgate..

On a positive note the mother of all software updates that will end all issues seems ready according to the German press. 

• Like 2

John, sometimes i wonder what happened to old school decency. I just cannot get my head around the way some companies treat their customers ( Tesla alike).  Lexus seems to live in a different world!

26 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

John, sometimes i wonder what happened to old school decency. I just cannot get my head around the way some companies treat their customers ( Tesla alike).  Lexus seems to live in a different world!

Bernard, I know exactly what you mean. Thank goodness that somewhere in Japan there lies tradition and respect.

In UK, USA and industrialised Europe there is nothing but greed.

Bonus no longer means what it meant and how anyone can be deserving of "earning" one million pounds is and will remain beyond me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Success is measured in Money John. And does not there lay the difference in philosphy between understated elegance and the move over as i am rich brigade?  

Indeed. It`s respect that has disappeared from many people.

2 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

It is is writing that all ID3 models produced in 2020 will have a 2 year warranty that also cannot be extended.

TWO YEARS?

Crikey. If I ever felt like defecting to a German marque, that might affect my decision slightly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mincey said:

TWO YEARS?

Crikey. If I ever felt like defecting to a German marque, that might affect my decision slightly.

Been 2 years in UK for a long long time which has been topped up by the Dealerships to 3 years.

Not a lot of people knew that.

50 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Success is measured in Money John. And does not there lay the difference in philosphy between understated elegance and the move over as i am rich brigade?  

Bernard you are so right! Money .............. the love of which is the root of all evil.

I am not sure if you are able to get the BBBC SOUNDS app in the Netherlands but the 2020 Reith Lectures are well worth a listen. By Mark Carney, ex Bank of England governor.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Bernard you are so right! Money .............. the love of which is the root of all evil.

I am not sure if you are able to get the BBBC SOUNDS app in the Netherlands but the 2020 Reith Lectures are well worth a listen. By Mark Carney, ex Bank of England governor.

Tune in tonight BBC 4.ROYAL INSTITUTION LECTURES

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Thanks David. I have just downloaded the app will give me something to do over the next couple of days! 

19 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Tune in tonight BBC 4.ROYAL INSTITUTION LECTURES

Thanks for the tip John hope my wife will allow me to listen as i have not done that for decades! Only tune in when driving.. 

Just now, dutchie01 said:

Thanks for the tip John hope my wife will allow me to listen as i have not done that for decades! Only tune in when driving.. 

sorry just realize this is television. I cant see BBC4 overhere only 1 and 2 im afraid..

20 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I`ll bet he doesn`t mention Kondratiev economic cycles!

Cycles of 50 years seem too long or too short in todays economy John. On one side Tesla reminds me of Tulip Mania and the old economy companies ,mostly family owned,  seem to stear through the crisis reasonably well. Different companies different values. Shareholder value against medium term growth. Tesla worth more than Toyota, really??  Iphones selling like hot cakes for 1200 Pounds, really?? Billionaires had a great year, really?? Its a mentality thing. Trying to earn as much as possible regardless of the consequences against creating value for the company and passing it on to the next generation. Japan is known for the latter and maybe that is also the explanation for their conservatism in the automitive industry?  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Cycles of 50 years seem too long or too short in todays economy John. On one side Tesla reminds me of Tulip Mania and the old economy companies ,mostly family owned,  seem to stear through the crisis reasonably well. Different companies different values. Shareholder value against medium term growth. Tesla worth more than Toyota, really??  Iphones selling like hot cakes for 1200 Pounds, really?? Billionaires had a great year, really?? Its a mentality thing. Trying to earn as much as possible regardless of the consequences against creating value for the company and passing it on to the next generation. Japan is known for the latter and maybe that is also the explanation for their conservatism in the automitive industry?  

Looking backwards Bernard nothing is too long or too short in Economic cycles.

I don`t remember you sitting in my class at the Wigan and District College of Mining and Technology Bernard !

Don`t be late for tomorrow`s discussion on the the Lecture from The Royal Institution !!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links