Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Paint Job

Dpk

My car is finally going in to have a re-spray and I am considering painting it black,

however Im thinking about not using lexus paint as its not a metalic, Ive been advised by quite a few people to use a BMW black paint as it is a metalic.

What do you guys think ?

Its currently Granite sky, but Ive always liked black and wanted black,

just thinking BMW black would be better.

Mind you I will probably change my mind between Granite sky and black at

least another 2 or 3 times before its done !

Sorry no flip paint, I prefer the subtle look, Im not into the over the top look.

No offense to anyone who does.

:lol: each to their own, yes the flip paint doesnt really have a bling look does it? I'm into the more classy gangsta look B)

just thinking BMW black would be better.

NOOOO....no..no

As you well know black is a mother :tsktsk: to keep clean,by changing the colour means more work for you as door shuts,engine bay,bonnet,inside boot lip edge and inside edges of the doors have to be done,so just flat it back sort out the body-kit and fill in the minor dings and keep it Granite Sky ya fool :P

If your gonna do it Black keep to Lexus and just add a few more coats,it'll make your Sport even slower than it already is with the weight of your sounds:lol: :lol:

that is true, and it will be painted in 2 pack paint which is a good strong paint

Yeah I could paint it thicker, but its still not metalic which I have been advised is much better.

even if I keep it the same colour, I still need to have the door shuts and so on painted.

Out of interest how much is it costing for the paint job? Just as I want to keep with the colour I have, just need a smooth out and quick respray to tidy up it all.

Second that, how much would it cost to get coat of decent metallic black on top?

Out of interest how much is it costing for the paint job? Just as I want to keep with the colour I have, just need a smooth out and quick respray to tidy up it all.

Second that, how much would it cost to get coat of decent metallic black on top?

Well Deans a lucky SOAB,his G/F's dad owns a body paint shop...some people have it all dont they :crybaby:

Well Deans a lucky SOAB,his G/F's dad owns a body paint shop...some people have it all dont they :crybaby:

indeed some people do :angry:

A mate of mine is a trainee sprayer, I'll wait a few years for him to become fully experienced :lol: .

Yeah I am getting family rates, hey my Dad does stereos, electronics and the the father inlaw ownes a spray shop and car garage a big one at that, so the car shouldnt take long to get sorted hopefully !

I went to lexus first and asked how much a spray job would be and they sent me a quote through the post and it was £4500 and that was for the same colour.

I can ask how much a blow over would be for you guys let me find out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links