Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Ultimate Driving Machine

Mincey

I could have written all that about my brand new 2011 E91. The dash was out more times than something that's out a lot. After much polite persistence BMW/Sytner took it back but not until I'd had to put up with a diesel Mini One for I don't know how many months.

22 hours ago, Mincey said:

^^ I see the topic has now been removed. One wonders why...perhaps BMW weren’t impressed?! 

I assume the upshot was ‘I bought a BMW and it broke - a lot.’

Always remember a couple of years ago there was a member who bought an NX and just moaned about it constantly. The infotainment, the comfort, the gearbox - pretty much everything. He didn’t take kindly to being constantly asked whether he’d test driven it before purchase (from memory he never actually answered the question) but he went on to buy a BMW 3 Series and couldn’t stress enough how much better it was. Pity, people like that never come back to tell us whether they had problems with their ‘perfect’ new car...

4 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

^^ I see the topic has now been removed. One wonders why...perhaps BMW weren’t impressed?! 

I assume the upshot was ‘I bought a BMW and it broke - a lot.’

That pretty much covers it. 

Note to self: print a topic to PDF next time :-)

Going off topic slightly, I had to go down to RNOH Stanmore this morning for a Covid test (the Mrs is having surgery there next week, so it was essential travel). I saw only one car broken down on the hard shoulder from Peterborough to Stanmore and back. Guess what make it was. Clue: it wasn't a BMW but it was made in the same country. And it was a 69 plate.

15 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Going off topic slightly, I had to go down to RNOH Stanmore this morning for a Covid test (the Mrs is having surgery there next week, so it was essential travel). I saw only one car broken down on the hard shoulder from Peterborough to Stanmore and back. Guess what make it was. Clue: it wasn't a BMW but it was made in the same country. And it was a 69 plate.

It does give one a warm, smug feeling though James. Good luck to Mrs Mincey.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It does give one a warm, smug feeling though James. Good luck to Mrs Mincey.

Many thanks John. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 10:20 AM, rich1068 said:

... I'd had to put up with a diesel Mini One for I don't know how many months....

...shudder...

But on the plus side, how many houses did you sell in that time?

• Haha 1

Actually the Mini experience wasn't all bad. I was paying for a BMW but driving a Mini so there was that but I did have quite a healthy respect for the car by the time I gave it back. It really was like a go cart around town and because it was a One it didn't have the daft wheels and suspension. This was the second gen one. What are we on now? Three? Four? If 

While I was negotiating with Sytner it was a Mini. As soon as BMW took over I was back in a 3 series until my new car arrived. It was actually the F30 330d M Sport that I thought was going to be the be all and end all of car ownership that started my drift towards the jalopies I drive now. The car, while technically brilliant, was dull as dishwater and too clever by half. I was forever turning things off and wondering when Google in your car became a thing.

Anyhoo, off topic...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links