Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F brake disc upgrade?

So just hit 45k in the F and had the 50k service, lockdown meant the usual 10k per year was down to 4! So an advisory was put on all 4 corners for the discs. I've had a mooch around online and not entirely sure where to source from, LPD have been unhelpful in other parts enquiries so I am not going that route and likely eye watering. I have the part numbers - both Lexus and brembo, but the thought crossed my mind whether there was an upgraded disc suitable for the GS F? Not that there is anything wrong with current braking performance.

Questions to the F gang are 1. Where would you recommend sourcing the discs from and 2. Do you know of/ have you upgraded/ is it worth upgrading at all?

I never intend to track the car, so I realise that is in the column against upgrades, but if a better disc was similar money, why not?

15 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Ta muchly, ever used them before? Some automotive websites don't look very legit sometimes so a bit cautious of blowing money on these sites unless used by others 😛

11 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Ta muchly, ever used them before? Some automotive websites don't look very legit sometimes so a bit cautious of blowing money on these sites unless used by others 😛

No but I believe Silkmen has:

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/125196-rcf-brake-pads/?do=findComment&comment=1142866&_rid=3469

Buy car parts are part of Autodoc, i use whoever is cheaper at the time. For brembo discs on my ISF £114 delivered when i bought mine! See thread below:

The only upgrade discs i found for the ISF were 2 piece (so they were lighter) and 7x the price at least, i assume a similar thing may be available for the GSF.

I bought a full set of discs a couple of months ago, as I know my rears will need changing soon. Thought at the price was daft not to get the fronts too.

used buy car parts - absolutely no problem. Bits came from Germany.....

The 4 brembo discs were £67 each. No brainer. Arrived within a couple of days. 

managed to pick some lexus pads up on eBay - so quite happy.

14 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Thanks for that,great price for the discs compared to Lexus oem.

I will need pads also and I see they do brembo ones,but I believe there is a question mark as to whether the pad material will be up to the same spec as Lexus oem?

41 minutes ago, XK140 said:

I will need pads also and I see they do Brembo ones,but I believe there is a question mark as to whether the pad material will be up to the same spec as Lexus oem?

Probably won't be, but not a bad thing considering the OEM ones squeal. OEM use Galfer 5032 material.

I also use Redstuff.

To add the the topic, I purchased brembo discs for ~£80 each. No issue with performance, however they aren't treated and look a bit nasty, see picture.

I don't ever recall seeing this with the Lexus discs which were removed, so I assume genuine Lexus discs are treated. To confirm the fronts look ok, the the rears look nasty and I'll be replacing them with genuine Lexus discs next time.

EBC yellow stuff pads work a treat though! Very happy with them.

20210323_143613.jpg

2 minutes ago, Silkmen said:

To add the the topic, I purchased brembo discs for ~£80 each. No issue with performance, however they aren't treated and look a bit nasty, see picture.

I don't ever recall seeing this with the Lexus discs, so I assume the OEM discs are treated. To confirm the fronts look ok, the the rears look nasty and I'll be replacing them with OEM discs next time.

20210323_143613.jpg

Couple of coats of paint on the disc hub before fitting would do the job?

I had them fitted by a local indy and the issue became apparent after a few weeks. TBH I can't be bothered with all the messing about of removing wheels and painting etc. I'm hoping they dull and become less noticeable overtime.

20 hours ago, Silkmen said:

I had them fitted by a local indy and the issue became apparent after a few weeks. TBH I can't be bothered with all the messing about of removing wheels and painting etc. I'm hoping they dull and become less noticeable overtime.

My brembo disks from Autodoc came coated like the standard ones strangely enough. I noticed some of the other brands available didnt though.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, hockeyedwards said:

As mentioned above, got EBC redstuff all around on mine. Will be doing same again when required. Same braking performance, much less dust.

Ebc red stuff pads ? I'll get some ordered 👌

The lexus pads are dustier than my MPG tracker

5 hours ago, scott-o said:

My Brembo disks from Autodoc came coated like the standard ones strangely enough. I noticed some of the other brands available didnt though.

I have noticed auto doc states coated aswell.  

Worth checking other places seeing if it states they don't. Will mean nobody has to worry about ugliness 

Screenshot_20210324-174242.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links