Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sunroofs can be a pain and for me the lower ceiling causes static to the few strands I have left.

Also, they invariably will be the source of trouble to come and how ofter are they used?

Climate control requires all glass to be closed and is a much nicer experience i.m.o.  Regret this GS and my LS have a Sunroof but hey ho!

23 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

how often are they used?

IMHO the sunroof is brilliant, I use my in tilt or slide open mode most weeks, even in depths of winter (when dry).

Never had a problem (make sure drains clear on regular basis) and would be sad to have to drive with sheet metal over my head, which is why my wife's old Jag and now her new Mazda I find claustrophobic with no glass above my bonce and my thinning grey strands.

I would add when I worked in Middle East the last thing you want is glass in any part of the car, once got in the car and burnt my hands as the internal door pulls (of chrome) had got pretty hot where we forget to park where the shade would be after a two hour lunch stop.  

2 hours ago, The Lexus Enthusiast said:

I sometimes think what a pleasure it is to drive the flagship giant though🙂

it simply is ............. I'm on my 3rd Ls400 after a Mk1 and Mk2 and this Mk3 I have had 10 years in June and now at 232k miles ...........  always my main car, 20+ years and probably driven about  @250k miles in one or t'other !

I thankfully learnt very early in life just which is the very best car to own and drive :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1

21 hours ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Sunroofs can be a pain and for me the lower ceiling causes static to the few strands I have left.

Are you 7' tall?😲
I'm 6'4" and have at least 3" to 4" of space above my head in the LS430.
I do have the drivers seat in the lowest position though, and all the way back.

In other cars my head is touching the ceiling and some I would have to drive with my head tilted sideways but the LS is the 2nd most spacious car I've ever owned, right behind the S-Class Merc but ahead of the 98 Honda Legend. Surprisingly the Focus has adequate headroom as well, but getting in and out requires gymnastics :donatello:

• Haha 1

No, I'm at the shrinking stage of life.  I was thinking of my '93 LS400 which has a lower roof line.  The GS I notice gives me more head space but I've yet to drive it so was still thinking of the LS400. 

I'm 6.1.  Never had a problem with the various S Class Mercs I owned. Taller and Wider, but later model Lexus have since got it right.

The LS400 was made more for the Japanese adult I suspect, even though it was to be marketed in the USA. They may have designed it with the Lady of the House in mind?

Come 1st April the GS will be taxed - hoping its not an April fools day!

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 12:28 PM, runsgrateasanut said:

No, I'm at the shrinking stage of life.  I was thinking of my '93 LS400 which has a lower roof line.  The GS I notice gives me more head space but I've yet to drive it so was still thinking of the LS400. 

I'm 6.1.  Never had a problem with the various S Class Mercs I owned. Taller and Wider, but later model Lexus have since got it right.

The LS400 was made more for the Japanese adult I suspect, even though it was to be marketed in the USA. They may have designed it with the Lady of the House in mind?

Come 1st April the GS will be taxed - hoping its not an April fools day!

I am 6 foot 5 inches.  My LS400 1995 has enough headroom .  A good car for tall people. Lots of leg space also.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mikaelse said:

I am 6 foot 5 inches.  My LS400 1995 has enough headroom .  A good car for tall people. Lots of leg space also.

There are long legs and there are long bodies.  The longer the legs the further back you put the Seat and the lower it goes. Not the same for the long body variety of animal can only be the explanation!.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links