Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motorways in an NX

On 5/15/2021 at 12:11 PM, rayaans said:

I usually get about 27-28mpg around town in the RX but I usually only use it to work. On a long run, loaded car with 5 of us I get around 33-35mpg and I dont exactly hang about on the motorway anyway

Having said that our IS300h was great on the motorway and got up to speed quite quickly so I dont know how the NX can be that bad. Probably a combination of more weight and less power.

My IS300 gives excellent mpg , most journeys I get around 52 mpg . I have done over 60 . Rarely less than 50 . Just change do to NX so I’m expecting a drop in mpg , will be interesting. Hope petrol prices go back down soon ! 

On 6/19/2021 at 7:34 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

What car did you have before your NX Paul? Just for comparison.

IS300h and before that a Jaguar XE. I had similar thoughts about the IS300H although with less frontal area and weight and more performance than an NX300H, it was much less noticeable. Every Jaguar I’ve had has been night and day better than every Lexus I’ve owned, for performance and driving enjoyment. But of course worse in terms of quality, reliability and ownership experience. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

IS300h and before that a Jaguar XE. I had similar thoughts about the IS300H although with less frontal area and weight and more performance than an NX300H, it was much less noticeable. Every Jaguar I’ve had has been night and day better than every Lexus I’ve owned, for performance and driving enjoyment. But of course worse in terms of quality, reliability and ownership experience. 

To be fair Paul the two Lexus cars you have owned can't really be compared to a Jaguar for performance - but I can appreciate what you say as a direct comparison. Overall though which do you prefer?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

To be fair Paul the two Lexus cars you have owned can't really be compared to a Jaguar for performance - but I can appreciate what you say as a direct comparison.

I love owning a Lexus. I love their reliability, comfort, refinement and the ownership experience is second to none.

I do however dislike the performance of almost all Lexus cars. Not all, most, because clearly an ISF or GSF or LC500 would be fine. Most of the time it is fine of course. Long open road journeys and especially long motorway journeys bring out the worse in them. Luckily I don’t do much of that type of driving any more so it matters less to me.

Ok I could have a GS450h or an RX450h and these would be much better for sure. But I’d prefer smaller cars. I’d be fine if they offered an IS or an NX hybrid with a bigger engine or with a higher state of tune but they don’t in the UK. They will do with the new NX but it will be very expensive.

There are just times every now and then when I’ve had to use full throttle with the engine racing away just to merge into the outside lane of a motorway or complete an overtake of a slow moving truck. Every time I’ve wished I had a little more effortless performance under my right foot. This will always be the case for me and it is something I just accept.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulrnx said:

I love owning a Lexus. I love their reliability, comfort, refinement and the ownership experience is second to none.

I do however dislike the performance of almost all Lexus cars. Not all, most, because clearly an ISF or GSF or LC500 would be fine. Most of the time it is fine of course. Long open road journeys and especially long motorway journeys bring out the worse in them. Luckily I don’t do much of that type of driving any more so it matters less to me.

Ok I could have a GS450h or an RX450h and these would be much better for sure. But I’d prefer smaller cars. I’d be fine if they offered an IS or an NX hybrid with a bigger engine or with a higher state of tune but they don’t in the UK. They will do with the new NX but it will be very expensive.

There are just times every now and then when I’ve had to use full throttle with the engine racing away just to merge into the outside lane of a motorway or complete an overtake of a slow moving truck. Every time I’ve wished I had a little more effortless performance under my right foot. This will always be the case for me and it is something I just accept.

I think Paul that at a stroke you have uncovered the biggest single lexus weakness - that of unrealisable unachievable expectations. By being vastly superior in so many ways you are lulled along into a la-la land where everything at any time and in any place should be superior and it's not which only magnifies ones sense of disappointment. Bit like the realisation that the Royal family use a lavatory just like the rest of us! Those are "lack thoughts" I.e. thinking of things you don't have but happiness doesn't come from getting what you want but from wanting what you have and remembering why you wanted it in the first place. 😎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

I think Paul that at a stroke you have uncovered the biggest single lexus weakness - that of unrealisable unachievable expectations. By being vastly superior in so many ways you are lulled along into a la-la land where everything at any time and in any place should be superior and it's not which only magnifies ones sense of disappointment. Bit like the realisation that the Royal family use a lavatory just like the rest of us! Those are "lack thoughts" I.e. thinking of things you don't have but happiness doesn't come from getting what you want but from wanting what you have and remembering why you wanted it in the first place. 😎

Wise words of course 👍

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links