Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats your favourite tipple

Mr Vlad

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

To me crystal items are for show and to admire.

I just enjoy drinking from the best ...  everyday .....  bit like me not wanting a car for show,  just to have the best that's good for everyday use ......  like my beloved Ls400 :yes:

Malc

• 9 months later...

Thought I'd just add to this. I've been a bourbon drinker for many years, but my favourite Blantons is now over £300 a bottle so decided to try others. Along with buying another bourbon Angels Envy which is very smooth and pleasant by the way. I decided to buy the Tequila taster pack from Masters of Malt, 10 miniatures arrived of which 4 were outstanding unfortunately they were all over £200 a bottle but one in particular Classe Azul is a nectar straight from the Gods.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Malc said:

Classy Blue Gods too :wink3:

Malc

I also got hold of a bottle of the Plata which is also lovely, Rey Sol is really good as is Tapatio Excelensia

IMG_1119.jpeg

• Like 1

John. To introduce you to Vodka I strongly suggest you buy a bottle which is Not less than 40% proof. (Don't know if morrisons still do their own brand moranov which was superb). Why no less than 40% proof? Because when you've bought the bottle put it in the freezer and forger about it for not less than 24 hours. After 24 hours pour a shot. You'll notice the liquid is akin to a syrup. Drinking a vodka from the shelf is like drinking meths. After the freezer something amazing happens. It's so smooth it melts so to speak.

3 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

John. To introduce you to Vodka I strongly suggest you buy a bottle which is Not less than 40% proof. (Don't know if morrisons still do their own brand moranov which was superb). Why no less than 40% proof? Because when you've bought the bottle put it in the freezer and forger about it for not less than 24 hours. After 24 hours pour a shot. You'll notice the liquid is akin to a syrup. Drinking a vodka from the shelf is like drinking meths. After the freezer something amazing happens. It's so smooth it melts so to speak.

Thanks for the advice Vlad.👍

30 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Now Vlad, I thought you might have reccomended Zyntia, or Wyborowa or maybe Zubrowka 🍻🤣

I don't know those brands as I'm not a vodka drinker but I know not to touch any vodka under 40%. The morrisons what was moranov is now called The Best. Its in a blue bottle and has won 1st prize in a reputable competition. And for £16 and 43% I think I'll pay a visit to morrisons lol.

• Haha 1

Those 3 Phil look quite good. Just had a look lol. Blimey I forgot all about Stolychnia (spell check?). I remember that being a wonderful tasting vodka.

Here's something tho. 35% proof vodkas. Now these I'd suspect mostly tasting like meths But there must be good ones. Who knows a good one? Why? Because they'd make the perfect ice cube for the proper good vodka.

I use ginger ale ice cubes in my Southern Comfort. Using water basically waters down a drink.

Oh 35% stuff freezes.

5 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Those 3 Phil look quite good. Just had a look lol. Blimey I forgot all about Stolychnia (spell check?). I remember that being a wonderful tasting vodka.

Here's something tho. 35% proof vodkas. Now these I'd suspect mostly tasting like meths But there must be good ones. Who knows a good one? Why? Because they'd make the perfect ice cube for the proper good vodka.

I use ginger ale ice cubes in my Southern Comfort. Using water basically waters down a drink.

Oh 35% stuff freezes.

Stoli is not a bad drink, touch oily for me maybe because it's no longer made in Russia? I had a bottle of Whitley vanilla flavoured vodka, AWFUL 😱😱😱, Although as a brand they do make some quaffable stuff. And Aldis French vodka, Geront puts on a good showing. My weakness however is Rum 🥳

Discovered that I actually like gin a couple of years ago.   Used to drink malt whisky, but found that, as much as I liked it, it didn't like me (as in hangovers that left me incapable of functioning the next day).  Gin, not so much.  A good gin (Hendricks, Roku, Monkey 47) with ginger ale is my choice.  Although a classic martini is also great (gin with a splash of Vermouth).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links