Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Celsior, New MOT, No problem!

Having recently purchased the newer Celsior from Phil I wasn’t duly concerned about the short remaining MOT knowing it’s history and the work already carried out plus the visible condition of the car.

My pre checks did reveal the rear LED numberplate lights were flickering with some sections out completely and the offside sidelight was out but all easily sorted with replacements.

Took it in this morning at 07.15 and got the telephone call at 08.30 to collect it with a straight no advisory pass.

This also means that with just one garage the 1994 Celsior which I’ve had for 15 years will be going, I could justify the cost of keeping it (tax and insurance is less than £500.00 a year) but I can’t look out of the window and watch it shivering on the driveway.

• Haha 1

OMG just use them both ..  alternate days ......... that's what we do with our two cars right now .....  but we are two drivers and seem to need two cars ........ but not going very far at all .....  and it must have been about 1998 when I last garaged one of my cars

your annual  cost of keeping the 1994 car is tiny really as you readily appreciate 

viz compare my bro just cracked his RX450 summat or other ....... rear lens, reversing into the edge of a wheelie bin, the sensors didn't see that protrusion it seems

......... that's a real cost of motoring ....... at  £492    or £418 from Lexuspartsdirect   " bonkers "

Malc

On 6/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, steve2006 said:

Having recently purchased the newer Celsior from Phil I wasn’t duly concerned about the short remaining MOT knowing it’s history and the work already carried out plus the visible condition of the car.

My pre checks did reveal the rear LED numberplate lights were flickering with some sections out completely and the offside sidelight was out but all easily sorted with replacements.

Took it in this morning at 07.15 and got the telephone call at 08.30 to collect it with a straight no advisory pass.

This also means that with just one garage the 1994 Celsior which I’ve had for 15 years will be going, I could justify the cost of keeping it (tax and insurance is less than £500.00 a year) but I can’t look out of the window and watch it shivering on the driveway.

Hi steve 

I pm'd you yesterday 

I'm tempted to try and find a Celsior myself. I imagine the underside components have less corrosion than the equivalent Lexus? I also quite fancy wool seats instead of leather, assuming they're not itchy ( I can't wear wool sweaters). I don't understand what the different models are, I see Celsior B, Celsior C etc. advertised, I assume they are different specs in some way?

2 hours ago, harrylime said:

I'm tempted to try and find a Celsior myself. I imagine the underside components have less corrosion than the equivalent Lexus? I also quite fancy wool seats instead of leather, assuming they're not itchy ( I can't wear wool sweaters). I don't understand what the different models are, I see Celsior B, Celsior C etc. advertised, I assume they are different specs in some way?

It’s quite complicated Hugh, there are 4 specifications A,B,C and C-F with A being the “base spec” ( Ford Fiesta Popular) to C-F being the “top spec” ( Ford Fiesta Ghia).

But you can specify options on all specs so for example leather or wool seats, sunroof, sat nav ( yes in 1990) and suspension type.

Mine is a B spec but has leather seats, no sunroof and TEMS spring suspension the latter being very rare.

The same year C-F has the massaging rear heated seats and rear entertainment system.

They are as you mention generally very clean underneath compared with road salted UK models.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Good news, I'd have been mortified if it had failed!

I was 100% confident Phil, my other one got failed once due to the fact the tester couldn’t find the switch for the rear fogs (being retrofit of course) this was despite him having had no problems for the years previously. To ensure the same problem did not reoccur this time I put a nice sticker next to the switch which I have subsequently removed.

The guy is of little words, “it’s a nice motor” was the only comment he made.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links