Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

SOS please help me I m first time here and also my first car is Lexus ct200h

Nikag

Hello everyone I need your help I bought Lexus ct200h a weeks ago. I find out that it has not monitor and joystick but it has place were can be fixed monitor ( please see picture). I need you help if anyone now If I buy original monitor and joystick as same year cars can I fixed without problem ? It will be possible to need other accessors e.g. change amplifier computer etc. I do not know what can I do

Capture.PNG

You bought a left-hand drive car?

Generally speaking if an option wasn't fitted at the factory it would be extremely expensive, if even possible, to retro-fit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stompe said:

Sorry, its left hand drive, probably be better off going to left hand drive sites. 

I know but I m from other country and my country its better to drive with left hand cars

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

You bought a left-hand drive car?

Generally speaking if an option wasn't fitted at the factory it would be extremely expensive, if even possible, to retro-fit.

Yes it better for my country. May be you re right but I hope it will not be  necessary other additional parts I want to find someone who has same car as me and who installed monitor inside car . thanks you answer 

51 minutes ago, Nikag said:

Yes it better for my country.

But you location shows Rutland? Which country are you in?

I think you'd be more likely to find someone who has done extensive modifications on the US (North America) Lexus forum

35 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

But you location shows Rutland? Which country are you in?

I think you'd be more likely to find someone who has done extensive modifications on the US (North America) Lexus forum

because I  cant enter my country I know this is UK forum  but I think all people can help eachother  thanks your answer I thought something 

Hi Nikag. Might be an idea to look on eBay to see if you can find the parts you are looking for. As you apparently have room for a screen in the dash you could also try to find a non original option. I have seen an Ipad for instance works fine including satnav! 

3 hours ago, Nikag said:

If I buy original monitor and joystick as same year cars can I fixed without problem ? It will be possible to need other accessors e.g. change amplifier computer etc. I do not know what can I do

You would also need the navigation computer with HDD, GPS cabling and antenna. Not sure if it will directly link to your existing stereo or you need an upgraded one but the cabling would need to be changed too.

All possible, and if you have a donor vehicle to get all the parts from it won't be too bad but it is a lot of effort to end up with a Navigation system that isn't actually that good. You would be better off getting the monitor housing and fitting in an after market Android system. Something like this (I don't personally know if this particular device is good or not, just an example):

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/10-25-touch-screen-lexus-ct200h-android-head-unit-gps-stereo-upgrade/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

You would also need the navigation computer with HDD, GPS cabling and antenna. Not sure if it will directly link to your existing stereo or you need an upgraded one but the cabling would need to be changed too.

All possible, and if you have a donor vehicle to get all the parts from it won't be too bad but it is a lot of effort to end up with a Navigation system that isn't actually that good. You would be better off getting the monitor housing and fitting in an after market Android system. Something like this (I don't personally know if this particular device is good or not, just an example):

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/10-25-touch-screen-lexus-ct200h-android-head-unit-gps-stereo-upgrade/

what do you think if I ll buy this monitor it will not be necessary to change other parts e.g (navigation computer with HDD, GPS cabling and antenna. Not sure if it will directly link to your existing stereo or you need an upgraded one but the cabling would need to be changed too.) THanks for you answer 

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Hi Nikag. Might be an idea to look on Ebay to see if you can find the parts you are looking for. As you apparently have room for a screen in the dash you could also try to find a non original option. I have seen an Ipad for instance works fine including satnav! 

I do not know it would be work or not . None knows about this . thanks for you answer

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Hi Nikag. Might be an idea to look on Ebay to see if you can find the parts you are looking for. As you apparently have room for a screen in the dash you could also try to find a non original option. I have seen an Ipad for instance works fine including satnav! 

I do not know it would be work or not . None knows about this . thanks for you answer

1 hour ago, stormchaser said:

That will cost thousands of pounds to convert to HUD using OEM parts.I very much doubt that the original wiring loom has the plugs for a plug and play system.

What do you think why they make this car place where the monitor would be fix. if they do not change system parts ( which is necessary for monitor working ) thanks for your answer 

1 hour ago, Stompe said:

Wouldn't you have been better buying a Ct200h with the spec you wanted? 

I know it would be better but I waited a long time to find out car which I need this car is mostly  perfect  I don t want to sell it for this reason

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

One would normally enter Other/non-UK

So, where are you? Just out of curiosity..

I m from Georgia and my country many people do not know installation monitor for this model . A man who I find out tell me a lot of money for installation . I find out that he lied something that he hold me it necessary to change amplifier  I do not think so I think monitor is not connection to amplifier and he tried to lie me this is reason why I try to write in forum   I can also installation If I find out information how its work. P S I don t like lier people

Beautiful country!

As Colin has already said you would need the navigation computer/module. Perhaps this what the man meant? I think I would be looking for a crash damaged car with the option you want and see if you could salvage the parts needed. It won't be easy as the wiring looms will need to be replaced.

It really would be simpler to go with an aftermarket navigation system, if that is the prime reason for your wanting this option

2 hours ago, Stompe said:

That's it! sign up from anywhere, no check, should be UK only. 👍🏻

I think your comment is rather racist!!

If there is the facility in location to select “Other/Non UK” then there appears to be nothing in the rules that stops anyone from any country from joining this forum.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LexusDave said:

I think your comment is rather racist!!

If there is the facility in location to select “Other/Non UK” then there appears to be nothing in the rules that stops anyone from any country from joining this forum.

I changed it  everything is ok ?

When I make profile I did not found out non UK this is why I selected  any place 

Racist lol, So it's OK for people to lie where they come from...... Think this site is Fantastic, only a regular few contributing to this site, Yet one topic can generate Hundreds of views, Why buy a car then want to upgrade it to the next spec, no sense to me, But happy for you to go and explain the not viable options!! 

12 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Beautiful country!

As Colin has already said you would need the navigation computer/module. Perhaps this what the man meant? I think I would be looking for a crash damaged car with the option you want and see if you could salvage the parts needed. It won't be easy as the wiring looms will need to be replaced.

It really would be simpler to go with an aftermarket navigation system, if that is the prime reason for your wanting this option

No man know that others  did not know how it make and this is reason why he tell all a lot of money  and when I ask why it is expansive he tried to lied

I really think that in this kind of model car has some additional devices because they did not make only cut fixing place . I thin to go second handed place take monitor and when I plug it I find out it would be work or not if it work I ll buy 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links