Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Festival of the unexceptional

Wow Kevin you really found a way to dispose of your money, respect!

With so many premium cars over the years i wonder which car stuck, touched your heart. Some you forget the moment you sell them but other ones stay with you. Is it the first like with so many of us?

12 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Wow Kevin you really found a way to dispose of your money, respect!

With so many premium cars over the years i wonder which car stuck, touched your heart. Some you forget the moment you sell them but other ones stay with you. Is it the first like with so many of us?

My two LS 400's are cars I can never forget. 20/22 years ago there were two concrete sections of the M5, between Exeter and Bristol. I was often up and down the M5 for business and personal reasons. I didn't know when I was on the concrete sections, without looking ! I have never had a car with as good a ride. Even all the cars that I have had with air suspension... I used to take the LS 400's down into my quarries, and my son would give me earache for getting them so dirty. But he frequently washed them for me...! I made the red tarmac in the photos...

400 Rear 2.JPG

LS 400 copy.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ve owned so many cars that would have been perfect for that show. If only I’d kept at least one of them.

My beige Lada Riva 1200L when I was at school, hidden down a lane with all the other Upper School cars as we weren’t allowed to take cars to school. Sure the teachers knew, every year group passed on the hiding places! Lots of fun in that.

Then my Vanden Plas 1500, complete with full leather and walnut picnic tables. A succession of Minis of various types, all automatic. A hopeless 1991 Rover Metro 1.1, a brilliant Montego 1.6HL, and then my favourite - a 1993 Daihatsu Charade 1.3CXi. 

I often think about those cars, along with the company cars my Father had. A Granada 3.0 Coupe, Rover SD1 3500, Renault 25GTX particular favourites, along with a Toyota Cressida estate at one point. Happy times.

Then my older brother’s cars - 1966 Vauxhall Viva HA, 1973 Morris Marina 1.3, 1978 Chrysler Sunbeam 1.6GLS (epic!), and later a 1982 BMW 323i. 

Meanwhile my Mother also had various automatic Minis, a bright yellow Cortina with a column auto change and front bench seat, and a 1993 Nissan Micra amongst others!

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links