Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake squeel

Hello,. Not long bought the RCF and I have been back to lexus already regarding the brakes squeeling which they have told me is normal for the RCF. When I say squeeling it's to the point it's embarrassing. Still under warranty so I can challenge back because I'm not convinced and will take it back if it's not normal. TIA Manny

Has it got the brake shim kit installed? Lexus multi pots sound horrific without the proper shim kit installed, to the point where some places call it the "anti squeel kit". Worth getting them to check it over.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RichGS11 said:

Has it got the brake shim kit installed? Lexus multi pots sound horrific without the proper shim kit installed, to the point where some places call it the "anti squeel kit". Worth getting them to check it over.

Try doing some high speed heavy braking

• Thanks 1

Can't say I've ever known squeely brakes to be normal in any high performance car. 

As above get some heavy braking going on to wear them down a bit, incase it's just been left stationary for a while. 

• Thanks 1

Is it squealing at low speeds when coming gradually to a stop, like say crawling in traffic? If so mine did this a bit when I first got it, but I haven't noticed it much if at all recently. I have been taking it out for a few harder drives as well, so it does seem like some heavy braking helps, it seems the pads like a bit of heat/friction in them every now and again.

If nothing helps then go back to Lexus, they have a technical service bulletin to replace the pads for owners who are having problems with squeal. A few owners on here have done so iirc, if you search you'll find the thread.

Had horrendous brake squeal and insane amounts of dust, put a set of EBC reds on, problem solved, never looked back.

I do remember this being mentioned early on and i 'think' there was an alternate brake pad composed of different material that was on offer for a bit?

If you are still under warranty, see if they'll swap them out or good will towards alternate pads 🙂

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links